Chapter Two

Frong was nervous. He hadn't sent Thara a message in a while and now he was planning on trying to flirt. It worried him that they hadn't texted each other since the day they got back from the trip. Maybe Thara was just being polite? Maybe he didn't actually want to be friends with Frong? He needed advice and, possibly, a confidence boost, but his friends weren't really being useful. To be honest, he wasn't that close with them. They were only his friends with him because they all studied the same subject. So, Frong now found himself somewhere he normally avoided: the engineering faculty.

"Oh, Frong!"

Frong flinched when he heard Duen excitedly greet him. Bohn was not going to like that even though Frong had been clear that he had moved on. It was unfortunate that Duen was there. Frong hadn't realised he would be and if he had, he definitely wouldn't have come. He really didn't want to mess with Bohn and Duen's relationship.

"Ah, hello, Duen," Frong mumbled as he arrived at the table with the group of engineering students and Duen.

Bohn's friends were exchanging uneasy glances at his arrival, being fully aware of his rivalry with Bohn. Hopefully, Bohn would not be angry he had showed up. It was his fault. If Bohn hadn't talked to him about Thara and basically become his confidant then Frong would not be here.

"What bring you to the engineering faculty?" Duen asked, completely oblivious to the tension in the air as per usual.

"Actually, I kind of wanted to talk to Bohn."

"Bohn?" Boss exclaimed in confusion, pulling out of Mek's arms to sit upright.

"Yeah."

"Again? Seriously?" Bohn muttered before sighing, "Fine, come on."

Frong quickly followed after Bohn as he led him a little way away from the others, ignoring their shocked expressions.

"Okay, Frong. Out with it."

"Ah, well. I don't know what to message Thara."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No?"

Huffing in frustration, Bohn closed his eyes and slapped one hand to his forehead while holding out the other for Frong's phone. He scanned through Frong and Thara's previous messages and gave Frong an incredulous frown, then he typed out a message. Before Frong could read it, Bohn pressed send.

"Hey!"

"What? You wanted my help, didn't you?"

"What did you send?"

With a roll of his eyes, Bohn handed the phone back to Frong. The message Bohn had sent was not something Frong would have written, but it wasn't as terrible as he thought it would be.

Frong: "Hey Thara, I miss you. Wanna hang out?"

"Bohn, you really wrote 'I miss you'?"

"You have got to be more forthright if you want Thara to realise you're flirting."

Frong blushed but reluctantly nodded. Bohn had managed to get Duen to date so the man obviously had some idea what he was talking about.

"Thanks, Bohn."

"Mmm, I'm only helping so you stay away from Duen."

"I already said I was going to. Duen is happy with you so I'm moving on."

"Good."

The two headed back to the group who had just been watching them silently. Frong was planning to say goodbye and leave, not wanting to bother Bohn when he had been helping him.

"What was that about?" Boss asked, unable to contain his curiosity any longer.

"I was just helping Frong with his love life," Bohn replied as he sat back down, making Frong blush.

"Huh?!"

"What? I'm a nice person."

"Is something wrong, Frong?" Duen cut in, glancing at Frong in concern.

Before Frong could say anything, Bohn answered for him, "He just needed advice about his crush on Thara."

"Wait. My cousin Thara?"

"Yeah."

"Aw, Frong! I think you two would be cute together," Duen gasped in delight, tugging on Frong's arm much to Bohn's irritation.

Frong didn't really feel anything anymore about Duen. Sure, he still found Duen's smile adorable, but it no longer made him feel like there were butterflies in his stomach. However, Bohn was now glaring at him as if he had been the one to touch Duen.

"Mmm, thanks?"

"Come sit down and I'll tell you more about him!"