Chapter 1

She sat in her room in her family's home on Cardassia Prime. The well-tended garden visible through the beautiful intricate geometrically-shaped windows. She had a pencil behind her right ear like she usually did when she was thinking about something. Her long black hair was braided at the back of her head, while the rest hung loose on her back. Her bronze-golden coloured clothing matched the colour palette of the room and its decorations.

A large padd lay on the writing desk in front of her, it showed an open document - a work upon the subject of transporters - a detailed study and observation made and researched by herself on how transporters work, it even contained instructions on how to build a small portable transporter. It also discussed the differences between transporters of various alpha-quadrant races; It had taken her several months to write this study.

Rishi was quite proud of it. She had been taught to take pride in her accomplishments. She had been lucky enough to visit a very prestigious school both her parents came from very respected wealthy families. Her mother was a famous dancer and came from one of the respected old families. Her father was with the Cardassian police. She didn't know exactly what his job always entailed, but she knew he was helping keep Cardassian's citizens safe and that made proud to be his daughter.