5. The Dapper Deer

The woods were of scarlet leaves with burgundy trunks and branches compared to remembering how woods would be. Having wondered if you were even going to right way until spotting a wooden sign with writing that could be described as a riddle. Glancing more noticing it was in the shape of an arrow pointing not left not right but upwards.

"Is this some sort of prank?" You questioned the sign thinking it must be either the imps or Angel Dust trying to get a laugh at confusing wanderers. Your eyes traveled up the scarlet tree and as higher the tree went the more you seemed to have to stretch your neck. Raising an eyebrow at the tree finding there appeared to be nothing there only seemed best to just be on your way until having hold your nose to pop your ears when a ringing started to be heard.

"Darling, you seem to be lost" spoke a grinning voice static lacing around their words. A brief moment of hesitation fell over as you whipped around in startlement facing a thinly tall red demon their eyes blinking on like a red light peering down at your perplexed form "Alastor pleasure to meet you. Might I be of some assistance? For these woods that are of no promise my dear", a gentleman gesture of extending their elbow.

It was almost hard to hear yourself think with how loud their voice was but just seeing this demon make your first thought to be running away. "I'd rather learn for myself" you stated feeling a tremble in your words as you backed away "pretty sure I can find my way back on the correct path. But thanks for the offer."

Alastor seemed to hum in amusement watching as you continued to walk back "You wouldn't happen to be going to that futile excuse of business would you?" He questioned his grin widening with eyes glowing amongst the shadows of the trees. While knowing not to trust any demon it wouldn't hurt to ask for a simple direction lifting your chin to speak up only to be interrupted "If you were then might I suggest going that way" pointing a red claw towards a sign reading Mad Cat.

Glancing at the sign with pressed lips to suppress a sigh of reluctance looking up at the dapper demon watching their smile stretching of both ends of their eyes blinked down amused at how uncomfortable you were becoming.

Making a face looking amongst the various signs decorating the tree trunks and branches "That way?" you questioned the sign of the Mad Cat "I've already been across demons trying to steal my soul for potentially their own gain."

"Oh, you can't help that my dear" Alastor laughed twirling a mic in hand "Most everyone's looking for that soul here."

The deer demon seemed to be enjoying your confusion as he abruptly turned himself into a black mass as a static laugh resounded amongst the forest. Appearing a moment later on a tree branch to the right "If you really want to know" he said with red eyes darting back and forth "You could always go my way" smile ever so growing.

Shaking your head definitely taking the path of the first option "I'm going now" you quickly said, shifting to the path to the supposed Mad Cat not taking a look back until being pulled by your arm, rather eagerly, back to the grinning demon. A shadowed silhouette covering your shabby clothes turning into a red doll dress with a white apron atoned with white stockings and red dolly shoes.

"Glad to have been of service" Alastor bowed, his attention never leaving as you walked away at the same moment being as he disappears into the shadows in a lingering sound of static.