Chapter 1: Phone Call

Rushing out of the house knowing something wrong happened to her killed me. The cold wind blew against my face as I walked to the car.

Is she okay? Will she live until I come there? This is terrible.

*^*

Well, Emily Kat Lorton is a 20 year old that loves kids dearly. Her mother died a couple of years ago due to a car accident and ever since she tried to fill up her time as much as possible. When she has nothing to do, she tends to over think. She spends her time with the kids at the hospital, well she volunteered. The sad thing was she was just informed that one of the kids was having a shortage of breathing. Poor Lily, she was such a hopeful 9 year old. If something happens to her, Emily would break.

*^*

I got out of the car and made a sprint inside. I saw Lily's parents. They looked heartbroken. What happened to her?

"Hey" I said in a breathless tone, then asked,"Is she okay?"

"N-no, she has a couple of days left for her. She's not making it. Apparently some v-virus was too s-strong and it affected her lungs a-a-and", Lily's mother, Mel, stuttered and couldn't continue as she broke down into her husband's warm embrace.

Jake her father, held Mel in his arms as he silently cried. He held his wife in a way, you can see he loves her. I hope I have that someday. Oh God! What am I thinking. It isn't the right time.

"May I go see her?" I asked as I held my tears inside. I have to be strong for this family. They are close to me and they are basically like my second family. They visited Lily everyday even for a couple of minutes. Lily has grown to be one of my favorite kids in here. She's so full of life and was the first child I played with when I came here.

Her father's eyes switched from his wife, to the floor, and then to me as he said, "She has been asking about you. G-go inside. Talk to her, bring a smile to her face like you always do, we only want to see her happy."

"Okay" I sniffed and opened the room door.

She laid on the bed, almost lifeless. When she saw me her face split in a smile as her eyes lit up.

"Aww baby, how are you?" I asked her as she took my hand in her's.

"I'm great Emily! Wait. Why are you crying? Is there something wrong? I love you don't be sad." She greeted me so happily. I didn't realize I was crying until she told me so.

I wipped my tears with the back of my hand," Oh just some dust got in my eye. Bad dust is hurting me. I said in a baby voice as I smiled genuinly."I love you, too. Why were you asking for me?"

"I heard that I'm dying soon and I wanted to see you before I die. Hey Emily, why am I hurting so bad?"

"Well, I don't know" I lied. "But you have to be strong for me, mummy, daddy, the rest of your family, and friends. Okay?"

"OKAY", She muttered clapping her hands as her sight turned to her parents.

"She has her dying wish to make." Mel whispered to me.

"Kiddo, what is one thing you'd like?" The doctor came in and asked.

"Hmmm. I have a lot!" She said her eyes glowing.

I laughed and told her, "Just one thing baby girl." I grabbed a notebook and a pencil and said," Okay, let's list all the things you want, and cross out later the least you want, until you get one thing left. Deal?"

"Deal!" She replied enthusiastically.

"Okay let's start." I said as I looked at her joyous blue eyes. As she thought of what she wanted, her parents took a seat, and the doctor went out allowing us sometime together.

A/N:

What did you think? Good? Bad? Zayn will be coming in soon.