3. No Chiz, Is That Rihanna? Shut The Front Door!

• • • • • • • •

"So what are you two homies doin' out here underneath the godforsaken tunnel? You realise some people die underneath there, right? This place ain't safe."

Ashanti, Kehlani & their brand new friend Kishati had just escaped the tunnel now, where Jordan & Khalil had threatened to beat them up, until Kishati came and had saved the day.

They had just pretty much left the tunnel and they were now on their way to the neighbourhood party that Ashanti was so desperate to go to.

Kishati was right though.

The place they were in right now wasn't really that safe. Although it was probably worse than where Ashanti had lived- she had lived just across the streets from here but had never really visited this place before.

Until now.

Both her & Kehlani had felt pretty embarrassed about the whole situation, not that it had really mattered much anyway, because Kishati didn't seem too pissed for saving them.

Whenever Ashanti was in trouble and Kehlani had to rescue her from it, he would have always ranted at her for it, causing her to rant at him back.

"We were just tryna go to the neighbourhood party downtown," Ashanti explained, turning red due to the whole situation of her, Kehlani, Jordan & Khalil and not being able to rescue herself from it.

"And you're a hypocrite, you know that? You went under the tunnel as well."

Kishati had explained that the only reason on why she had gone in there in the first place was because she was trying to save both of them from Jordan and Khalil.

But she didn't really care about that bit though, because for some reason, she was mainly focused on both of them going to the neighbourhood party.

Well, she was going to the party herself, yeah. But Ashanti & Kehlani had seemed a little bit young to be going to that.

In fact, how old were they anyway?

Kishati had kept thinking this to herself as she had stopped walking to stare at Ashanti and Kehlani rather suspiciously.

"You guys can't go to that, you underage," she told them. "Realise it's an 18+ party. I'm nineteen. How old are you guys anyway?"

Whoa, she was 19?

Dang.

Ashanti and Kehlani were so much taller than her.

Looks were honestly so deceiving sometimes, and Kehlani knew that. For instance, someone that was really short could have been like twenty years old, and someone that was really tall could have been like eleven instead.

But did Ashanti know that looks were deceiving?

Well, no. Not really.

She had always thought that pretty people were nice, even if they weren't and not as pretty people were mean instead, even if they weren't.