5: Red Day

August 2017

August 2017

"Sooyoung, wake up," the sound of Red Velvet's head manager, Hong Jaehan, waking her up was heard. "We've arrived."

Joy groaned upon hearing Jaehan's call. She crushed her stomach close as she felt a strange hurting feeling was attacking her lower abdomen. The girl then looked outside the window to find that she's already in the basement of her apartment.

It was already late August, a few days after Red Velvet wrapped up their promotion for 'Red Flavor'. No one imagined that the song would hit that big. Charting first for so long, breaking their own personal records, and winning in many music shows.

When she's on the elevator or just strolling on the busy street with her members—together sneaking late at night for some thrill, she had heard 'Red Flavor' too many times to the point that she was tired of it. Thank God the promotion had finally ended.

Joy unbuckled her seatbelt and grabbed her bag. She took the charger cable out of her phone to find that Sungjae texted her while she was sleeping earlier.

 She took the charger cable out of her phone to find that Sungjae texted her while she was sleeping earlier

Joy opened the door of the company's car before Jaehan called her again, "Sooyoung, the package."

Joy chuckled bitterly as a respond before she took a paper bag placed on the empty passenger seat.

SM produced new merchandise of their artists. The company planned to put it on sale on the upcoming 2-3 years, so as a trial, the artists got to own it first.

Some of them are ridiculous, and the others are just literal jokes. Poker cards, but instead of Jack-Queen-King, the company printed Lee Sooman, BoA, and Yunho's faces on the cards. Toothbrush set with Super Junior members smiling widely their teeth might fly away printed on the toothpaste packaging. Or even a whole broomstick with NCT official color as the stick color.

As the manager presented those products to the girls, Joy decided to take home the games. Poker cards, puzzles, and game board.

It might be embarrassing to randomly bring a monopoly game board home to Sungjae, but it's a whole time better than to present the guy a desk with her and Yeri's faces printed on it. She didn't even understand why SM had to zoom their faces until only their eyes, nose, and mouth were shown before printing it onto a desk.