Chapter One - When Two Worlds Collide

D A N N Y

D A N N Y

"Get the hell away from me!" I cried.

I was rushing through the poorly dimmed streets when a sense of terror rushed into me. It was clear to me I wasn't where I was supposed to me. As I looked around the area from where I was running, I noticed the big differences of architectures and cars compared to what I was used to. These cars were all the ones I usually saw in a vintage auto show, not driving and having kids coming out of it with a completely different set of style of clothing on them.

"H-how the fuck did I get here?"

I made it around the corner of a block before I tripped over an uneven part of the sidewalk. My lips grimaced at the sheer amount of pain that surged through my legs as I landed harshly onto the cold cement below. I brought my hands to soothe the inflicted areas before deciding to get up.

"Hey, wait up!" A voice shouted at me.

I turned around from my kneeled position and quickly tried to regain my stance. I was eventually stopped by a force on my upper arm and was pulled back to face the man that I was desperately trying to run away from for some reason I still couldn't understand.

"Why did you run away?" the taller figure asked.

"Why wouldn't I? How would you react if you suddenly got transported into another time and place, wouldn't you freak out too?" I asked sarcastically.

"You got me there Kiddo."

"Exactly."

I rolled my eyes and demanded the man to let go of his grip on me. Both of my arms came up to my chest as I angrily folded them. I gave a heavy sigh before pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"What's wrong?"

I looked up to give the man a dumb face and squinted my eyes in the process. He cocked his head and shrugged. I took a moment to observe his entire body. This guy looked like the age of someone who was in college like me, the only thing that sets us apart was the entirely different outfits we were both wearing.

I was in normal sweats and my school's spirit sweater while this dude was sporting tight jeans, a leather jacket and his hair looked like it was poured with fifty pounds of wax all over it.

"Hellooooo—is anyone there?" The guy started to wave his hands over my eyes. I swatted it away and huffed in annoyance.

"Can you please stop being annoying right now?" I groaned.