#1: Do I know you?

Choi Beomgyu can't believe he's sneaking into a party. Not just a normal party though, it's a masked party at the Kang family's house. He hid in some snowy bushes under a window with his brother, Choi Soobin, waiting for his other brother Yeonjun to make sure Mr. and Mrs. Choi don't notice their disappearance. 

He was wearing a white shirt with the first two buttons unbuttoned and tucked loosely into tight-fitting black dress pants, so bending over isn't really comfortable with his big black down jacket. "Can I stand up?" Beomgyu whispered, his black feathered mask tilting to one side. Soobin shushed him while adjusting his own purple mask. "After you see Yeonjun," he said. 

After some minutes, Yeonjun appeared with a golden mask. "Coast clear," he whispered. Soobin looked over the windowsill and took out a hairpin. With some twists and turns, the window opened and the three jumped in with some difficulty since they were all in heavy clothing. They hid their jackets in a bag under the bushes then closed the window quietly. They quickly walked into the ballroom and stood behind a statue, looking at the people dancing below them. 

Beomgyu noticed a big banner reading: "~Happy 18th Birthday, Kang Taehyun~" and shook Yeonjun's shoulder. "You didn't tell me it's a birthday party! What if we get caught and ruin this? That Taehyun person will be so disappointed! Why are we here anyway? Soobin's birthday party just went by and mine will be coming soon! Why are you so obsessed with parties?" Yeonjun smirked. "Whatever, they deserve to have a ruined party anyways, and parties are fun! I heard that the Kangs have the best party dishes," he said. " I'm going to go down to the dance floor, okay? Gonna grab something to eat." He grabbed Soobin's hand and they left. 

Beomgyu leaned against the railing and admired the big crystal chandelier. He never really understood the bad blood between his family and the Kang family but he always kept his distance as his dad says. He heard that the Kang family has a son the same age as himself and was curious about him. There was apparently no pictures of him online and no proof that he'll attend this party, but Beomgyu was intrigued. Rumors say he's quite attractive......

Somebody bumped into him, making Beomgyu snap out of his trance. He could only get a glimpse of red hair and big, shining doe eyes before that person collected himself and left hurriedly. Beomgyu was in a trance before finally regaining his mind. He looked over a crowd of heads and hats, frantically searching for the boy, rushing down the stairs without even bothering to adjust his mask. 

--

"Is that the Choi boy? The one with the silvery hair?" someone said, on a private balcony above the ballroom. "I think so," another person said. "Should I get him to leave?" There was a long silence before someone spoke again. " Today's Tae's birthday. I'm not going to ruin it. Let that boy be. Make sure he doesn't leave through the main door or get seen by anyone." "Yes, sir."

--

"Hey," said Beomgyu breathlessly. "You bumped into me. Earlier. On the second floor." Then he realized he was pinning the shorter boy to the wall and quickly backed away. "So, sorry?" the red-haired boy replied. He smoothed out his black, not fully buttoned shirt and straightened his white mask embroidered with pearls. "I haven't seen you before, so I guess you're not from my family. Who are you? " "I'm Beomgyu. Ch-Kim Beomgyu." "Kim? " "Yeah." "How old are you, then? " "19 in March. " "Well, I'm going to turn 18 later today, so you're older than me." The boy smiled the warmest, most carefree smile Beomgyu had ever seen in his life. "Your birthday is today?" "Yeah. It's my birthd-" 

"Sir, we have to leave now," a man in a black suit said, stopping the red-haired boy. Beomgyu quickly puts on his mask and hopes that he doesn't get kicked out, or worse, killed. He heard tales of the Kang family's bodyguards kill people without batting an eye. "Bye Beomgyu! See you later!"

Beomgyu watched as the smaller boy left with those guards. He must be an important person in the Kang family to have bodyguards, and his birthday is today......Is this a coincidence? It's too far-fetched to believe. 

The clock chimed, signaling that it's twelve o'clock already. Beomgyu looked over to the main stage and the enormous cake, waiting for the butler to come out and cut the cake as usual. This Kang Taehyun person never showed up at his birthday parties for no apparent reason, perhaps because of his parent's protectiveness. The paparazzi even once suggested that he might be crippled, or that he doesn't exist at all and only lives in the minds of "poor Mr. and Mrs. Kang".  

Somebody walked out from behind the red curtains with a familiar smile and a very distinctive hairstyle......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the first chapter of Blue Moon! I hope you liked it! The pre-sequel of CYSM is coming soon and I'm hyped.