What's that right there?

prompt: secret tattoos
set after: checkmate.

__./\.__

"You see, Tsukishima, you have to imagine the knight like a real horse and then-"

"Well, you're a real pain in the ass."

"Shut up! Let me talk! Stingyshima! And so-"

Hinata kept going on and on about how he played chess and how he saw the pieces as. He picked up the pieces and basically shoved them into the blonde's face as he explained them one by one with an excited grin on his face.

"So Hinata does have other stuff in his mind other than volleyball," Sugawara chuckled, taking a step next to Daichi. He nudged the captain's arm with a proud smirk on his face, "Aren't you proud? Our little crow has broadened his horizons."

Daichi chuckled at the small nudge and rolled his eyes at Sugawara's comment, sighing lightly with his arms crossed, "At least we know he has something else in that head of his. But who knows what kinds of things he has up in there."

"You're right, you're right. Let's just hope Hinata doesn't get snatched up by the school's Chess Club."

Kageyama froze up when he heard Sugawara say that, like a jab through his heart. The young setter immediately stomped over to Hinata practically standing on his chair and took him by the shoulders.

"Woah! Kageyama! What's gotten him so riled up?" Nishinoya says, watching the taller of the duo make a fuss.

Kageyama stared right into his eyes with a dark scowl on his face. He was gritting his teeth as he spoke, "Oi, dumbass!" Hinata could only yelp in surprise at being pulled by his partner, though he quickly responded with a shaky retort,

"G-Gah-?! Kageyama! What- What's wrong with you?! Are you j- jealous that I can p- play chess?! Wan- Wanna fight?! Huh?!"

"If you ever think of leaving me for some boring-ass chess club, I'll never toss to you again!"

"Waah-! Bakageyama!! What makes you think I'd do that?!" Hinata began to flail around in an attempt to escape from Kageyama's harsh grip on him. He really didn't know why the milkman was acting like this. He, of all people, should know that he enjoys volleyball more than anything, "Let me go! I'm not changing clubs, you idiot!"

"What did you call me?!"

Tsukishima flicked the bishop that Hinata defeated him with off its square, clicking his tongue at the two arguing right in front of him, "At least King Shit right here is going to keep that shrimp grounded."

Yamaguchi walked over to Tsukishima, chuckling slightly as he watched the two as well in the corner of his eyes, "I think Kageyama is making Hinata lose more brain cells."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes, scoffing to himself at his friend's statement, "You might be right on that."

Ennoshita, from wherever the hell he came from, walked up towards Hinata and Kageyama arguing and pulled them away from each other, a gentle smile on his face as he calmed Kageyama down, "Hinata's not going to change clubs, right, Hinata?"

"Osu-!"

"Then there's nothing to worry about, Kageyama. Please don't suspend Hinata from the ground next time."

The first year paled, "Next time-?!"

Kageyama clicked his tongue, glaring at the gym floor, "I'll pummel him into the-"

"Alright! Let's finish up cleaning and get ourselves ready to go home. It's getting late!" Daichi clapped his hands together, alerting the rest of the club to get on moving and to not get distracted anymore. He pointed to the chessboard, eyeing both Hinata and Tsukishima, "You two better clean that up! The Chess Club might come by some time and pick it up sometime."