One

I open the car door. After having moved here from New York, I'm still pretty surprised about the lack of snow, despite us being in Florida. My mom hands me my suitcase. "Y/N, take this up to your room. You remember where that is, right?" I nod. "Great. I'll be in in a little while," she says.
I take my suitcase and walk inside the little townhouse. Every house on our street looks exactly the same, and I already hate it here. When I get up to my room, I set my suitcase on the floor and look out the window. That's when I see her.
A gorgeous girl who seems about my age is looking out her window right back at me. She notices me and smiles. I feel my face heat up. I wave back shyly, then turn back around, pulling down the blinds.
Holy crap, she's so beautiful. I shake the thoughts out of my head and start unloading the clothes in my suitcase to put in my closet.

After I've finished hanging my clothes, I set up my sleeping bag on the floor. My bed won't get here from Buffalo for a few more days, so I have to sleep on the floor for now.
"Y/N!" I hear my mother call.
"Yeah?" I shout back.
"I'm gonna order some pizza, is that cool by you?" she asks.
I put my pillow on the sleeping bag. "Yeah, sure," I reply, taking my lamp out of one of the boxes we brought with us and plugging it into the wall next to my sleeping bag.
"Okay, great," Mom says.
I sigh and open the blinds to let in some sunlight, and I notice the girl from before again. She looks up and waves, then walks away. A few seconds go by, and she comes back with a piece of paper that says I'm Roman. I scribble in my notebook and hold it up. It says I'm Y/N. Roman rolls her eyes and writes Very funny. I guess you live in a Wattpad fanfic then? I smirk. Yes, of course. Roman smiles. What's your ACTUAL name? I write it down. Y/N.
Roman starts writing something down, then looks behind her. She waves, and then she closes her blinds.
"Dammit," I mutter. I close my own blinds too, then sit on my sleeping bag.

A/N: sorry this one was so short, just getting in the swing of things.