Chapter 1- Rheyanna

It was the night before Rheyanna's twentieth birthday. She was sitting on a chair around the island in her family's kitchen with her twenty-two year old brother Jayden and her twenty year old best friend, Casey. They were all talking and laughing, but mostly teasing Rheyanna about the crush she held for her brother's best friend, Caleb since she was able to say her name. They were laughing uncontrollably when the doorbell went off.

"That must be him." Casey said in a sing-song voice as Jayden walked towards the front door. He was greeted with the regular goofy grin from his best friend holding up a bag from McDonald's. Jayden moved aside giving his friend room to enter the house. They had planned to pull an all nighter. It was basically tradition to stay up all night the night before each of their birthdays since they turned 16. Rheyanna greeted her friend, giving him a small smile which he happily returned.

She was somewhat deep in thought. Most of their neighbors knew about her not being biologically related to the Munroe's. Other person went as far to say that Mr. Munroe had an extra-martital relationship and was left with the child as a way to be constantly reminded of the 'crime' he had committed towards his wife. Each and every time she brought up the subject to her parents, they would shoot her down or give her the same story over and over again about how her biological parents were very close friends of theirs and had died after she was born and that their last dying wish was that their daughter lived a full life. Eventually Rheyanna stopped asking but she was still curious. Why wasn't there much of a record for her parents? Why wasn't there a record for Her? She wanted to know.

____________________________________________________________________________

The smell of chocolate filled the house. Rheyanna hopped out of bed, sprinting down the stairs going straight to the source of the smell. Not only did she turn twenty years old, she was steadfast and determined to get the answers she desired about her past. She sat down at the island between her brother and best friend. Her mother placed a cup of hot chocolate in front her. "happy birthday sweetie." Rheyanna smiled at her mom whispering a thank you as she sipped her cocoa.

She listened as her mother apologised about having to miss the rest of her birthday because of the business trip she had to leave for. Nodding in understanding, Rheyanna watched as her mother walked right out the front door.

She wasn't happy about it. But she realized that it was now easier to snoop around without her mother stopping her. She knew her parents were hiding something from her. She just needed to know what it was.
"Hey guys." Her friends turned around to acknowledge her. " I need your help." She exchanged glances with Jayden, Casey's eyes litting up with excitement and Caleb only shrugging not knowing what exactly was going on.

________________________________________________________________________________

The four somewhat adults shuffled around in the attic digging through each and every box they could find. Rheyanna got frustrated after a while and kicked a box then sat down beside it. Her best friend crouched down next to her whispering words of encouragement in hopes that it would calm her down. Jayden stood beside his sister. He knew this day would come. He knew that one day her curiosity would get the best of her.

Jayden knew more than he could tell. He couldn't straight up tell his sister what his parents told him. The only thing he could do was point her in the right direction. It was his idea to start with the attic. He knew parts of what she was searching for was up there. He was just about about to kneel down next to her when Caleb called out to them from the other side of the room.

"Hey guys. You might wanna see this." Caleb removed the cloth that was covering a box they didn't see as it was tucked away in the far corner of the attic. They all gathered around the box. Shocked after seeing what was inside. A basket with a neatly folded blanket was the first to be seen. An envelope and a tag rested on top of the blanket. Rheyanna held the handle of the basket, pushing her hair backwards, and lift it from inside the box.

They were all seated in the kitchen staring at the basket infront of them that they rested on the counter. No one wanted to touch the basket. But Rheyanna suddenly thought to herself, if I've come this far, why back out now? With shaky hands, she pulled the basket towards her. She lifted up the tag and the envelope, staring at them before placing the envelope on the counter. She looked at the tag to see GIRL written in bold letters. She flipped it over only to see 'test no. 29' written on it.

"Test number 29? What's test number 29?" Casey asked looking at her friends. Rheyanna sat there staring at the pink tag in her hands. Not wanting to let go of the tag, she slowly picked up the envelope. There were two letters inside. One was nearly folded and the other was the size if the envelope. Rheyanna took the small letter between her fingers, taking a deep breath before reading.

_________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo? How's the first chapter? Is it good? Is it bad? Comment pleaseee!!
This is my first ever science fiction book and I'm giving it to you guys as a parting gift.
Did I not mention I'll be back before you know it?

Don't forget to Like. Comment. Share.
Enjoy!!!!!!