Chapter 21: Anna Kendrick

Sean's POV
Me and Anna have been dating for 2 months or so and it's graduation time for my little niece. We are only having family this time. You know mom, dad, brother, grandma, uncle, and cousins. Only first cousins so about 2 of them. I decided to bring Anna along back home to Detroit with me. I also happen to know that Ariana has a concert in town. I just really hope the city is big enough for the both of us. I went by her house to pick her up. She came down with her suitcase and I took it and put it in my car. We got in the car and into our seats. "I am so excited to meet your family!"
"I am so exited for you to meet them!"
"You know this is a big step?"
"Yeah and I'm glad that we are mature enough to take it!"
"Good!" We drove off and to my home. The streets of Detroit! We rolled up on the lot and it was super awkward because my family are really like super stereo typical black family! My brother and cousins gave me and Anna the stare! You know the stare that says "why the hell would you bring another white girl home" look! I grabbed Anna's hand I was surprised to see their reactions because I thought they would be fine with her I mean they were with Ariana but I don't know they're crazy! "Well who is the new girl Sean?" Brent said
"This is Anna my new girlfriend!" I said
"Oh this is rich! I have to tell your mother and grandma first!" My cousin Lucy yelled
"No I do!" My cousin Sarah yelled. They started racing to tell my mother! I just looked at Anna and we walked inside. All of my family rushed to the door for what I thought was just a greeting! My grandmother and my mother stood in front of Anna and just stared at her, checking her out to see if she was good. They just stared at her and it got really weird. Then as if it were on que my mother and Anna hugged. I was very confused! All of a sudden mom, Brent, dad, and uncle Harry were all hugging her! My grandmother and cousins were just standing back watching obviously not going to join in. The problem with my family is that if Grandma doesn't approve you can't be with that person. I had to gain my grandmothers approval. I had to prove to them that Anna is perfect for me! While my grandmother was cooking, I went into the kitchen. "So Grandma do you like Anna?"
"No!"
"What why not?"
"She doesn't have any of the qualities that I want in a woman for you!"
"She's funny, beautiful, with amazing hair, perfectly tan skin, the cutest giggle, she has the perfect height that her lips reach just to my lips!"
"Boy, you such a damn fool!"
"What?"
"You just described Ariana!"
"No I didn't!"
"Yes you did! Tan skin, giggle perfect height! That's Ariana!"
"No it isn't!"
"Yes it is!"
"How?"
"Anna is pale as a vampire, she never giggles just laughs and she is so short, her forehead reaches your lips!"
"Oh damn it grandma your right! I didn't mean to I really like Anna!"
"But you still love Ariana!"
"Maybe but she will never take me back and after what i did I don't think I can either!"
"What the hell did you two do that's got you so down!"
"Well I cheated in her with her model friend at the Victoria Secret fashion show while she was performing!"
"What is wrong with you boy!"
"I don't know it just happened I wasn't thinking at all."
"What did she do?"
"Before she gave me a chance to explain she ran to her friend, this guy she was flirting with and just kissed him. Long and very passionately. She just did and I was so shocked!"
"Is that all?"
"Yeah well uhm also I may have hurt her wrists when I tried to get her back to me!"
"You stupid boy! She has more of a reason not to forgive you than you do her."
"I know but I was just so hurt!" She slapped me.
"Boy shut up that ain't no reason just listen here! Ariana was the only one of your girlfriends I actually loved like a grandchild! She was sweet, kind, thoughtful and if the only thing keeping you apart is this then I want you to get her back! And never stop!"
"Grandma she's moved on and so have I so I won't fight for her!"
"Boy you'd better think twice and be sure that you're over Ariana before you get to far in with Anna and break her heart!"
"Thanks Grandma but I got it!"
"Ok Sean but think about what I said!"
"Ok will do!" I kissed her head and went to join everyone in the other room! I sat down next to Anna and put my arm around her shoulder. "Everything ok?" She asked
"Yeah it's fine!" We all ate dinner and then we decided to go out for gelato at Rita's with my grandmother me and Anna so they could bond. We sat down and ate just laughing and having fun! All of sudden a bunch of paparazzi came out of nowhere!

Ariana's POV
It was just before my concert and Nathan was with me! We decided to go out for gelato before the concert. Although it's bad for my vocal cords, Scooter agreed to it so we did since then after the concert me and Nathan would have to say goodbye! We got out of the van and were swarmed with paparazzi. Nathan and I like to play with the cameras and gave them what thy want. As we struggled through at the door, we decided to make out and go inside. As we did he started getting really grabby pulling me into the gelato shop. He pushed me up against the wall and ran his fingers through my hair, pulling closer me closer. After a few seconds we started cracking up laughing and started to walk to the counter! I suddenly realized that 3 familiar people sitting in the corner. I stopped and walked over to them. "Grandma Anderson how are you?"
"I'm good Ariana and you?"
"I'm doing well!"
"So who's he?"
"Uhm that's my boyfriend Nathan!"
"Oh wonderful!" Nathan walked over to my side and grabbed my hand!"
"Hello Ms. Anderson it's wonderful to finally meet you!"
"Oh and you too!"
"Anna you as well I love your work especially in that movie Into the Woods wonderful work!"
"Thanks!" She said
"Sean!" He said quite harshly.
"Nathan be nice."
"Hard but I'm trying!"
"Nathan! Good to see you again too!"
"Well this has been wonderful, I have a concert so we have to go but lovely seeing you all again!"
"And you." Grandma Anderson said.
We started walking over to the corner and in the back I heard Anna say "What a their problems?"
"It's complicated!" Sean said
"Well they need to take a chill pill and she needs to get some more clothes on I mean it's a public place not a strip club!" that was too far, I walked over to their table and said "Anna is there something you want to say to my face."
"Just that public displays of affection are a little inappropriate!"
"At least we show a little affection!"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"That you guys have never been seen even kissing in public!"
"So what?"
"Well nothing it's just that usually people with actual human feelings might show a little affection!"
"Don't you dare!"
"What it's just too bad I mean at least when I had Sean he wasn't afraid to actually kiss me in public."
"You little.........you know what let us show some affection!" She leaned over and kissed him with extreme passion. I grabbed Nathan by his collar and pulled him into me kissing him. He put his hand on my back and pulled me up until my legs were around his waist. Immediately they broke their kiss and we just kept going. It was super weird, like a kiss off. I got down and for once allowed Nathan to put his hand on my butt. The one thing I knew Sean word remember ( side bar: if you do not understand, refer to chapter for reference.) Sean just watched and I broke the kiss and then looked at Anna and said "Sorry I guess I win!"
"Really Ariana, that's real classy!"
"It's not about being classy! It's about showing him what Adriana cost him and showing you what you have to live up to. I know this is unlike me but you know you started it!" I smiled , winked walked away and then walked back. "Oh and Sean I hope you explained why we broke up to her and what happened 2 months ago!" he stood up and walked to me. "Ariana I am sorry about that! I never meant to hurt you!"
"It's okay but I suggest you take 2 steps back before Nathan knocks your lights out. I may forgive you, but he never will!" He did as I suggested and I went to the counter with Nathan and grabbed my gelato. I skipped right out of Rita's with a sense of strength and power! I walked to the van and rode back to the arena.The paparazzi didn't waste any time, they just ate it right up posting it everywhere! The showdown, the kiss off, and the confirmation of Anna Kendrick and Sean dating. I didn't care at all.

Sean's POV
She let him put his hand on her butt. I mean it hurt badly as I watched her walk away. I can not believe what just happened. I turned to Anna "What was that?"
"I don't know!"
"What's wrong?"
"I really don't know this whole competing with your ex thing is just...."
"You don't have to compete with her!"
"But I do!"
"Why would you believe that?"
"Everyone says that I will never live up to the great Ariana Grande!"
"That means nothing!"
"Really?"
"You don't have to compete with anyone! You don't have to prove anything to anyone. Nor to me."
"I know but all of this pressure is just too much."
"Then we don't have to have pressure. We can just be us. Ok?"
"Okay!"
"That was quite heartwarming and all but seriously, why the Heeber Bajeevers did you start that mess?"
"Grandma it doesn't matter but we should get going back to our hotel, well drop you off on the way."We got up and once again were swarmed by paparazzi with questions!
"Are you two dating?"
"What happened with your ex Ariana Grande?"
"Anna are you and Sean really serious?"
"Did you and Ariana have a showdown?"
"Go away guys we don't want to talk!" I yelled at them. Covering Anna with my jacket and pulling my grandmother behind me as we got into the car. We pulled off and before I knew it, everything that happened was on TMZ, Perez Hilton, Hollywood Life, etc. I just sat back and thought was I completely over Ariana, I can't do this to Anna. I have to decide.