sena izumi - attachments to the pizzeria

Sena Izumi detests the idea of love, the actions of love, and the words of love. Though what he hates had become hypocritical in face of the two persons he feels ardency for. One, is a current third year in Yumenosaki Academy, Makoto Yuuki. The second is the little lady who is a cashier at a quaint and adorable pizzeria.

Izumi and former leader of Knights, Leo, were in Italy, of course. One just has to go for pasta and pizza when they are in Italy. Though it was mostly Leo gobbling up the food they've ordered, as Izumi has a very specific diet he goes through so he gains not even a kilogram.

Pizza and pasta, those fattening meals, are to be avoided at all costs...! So why is Izumi persistently going to this small, unpopular pizzeria at least twice a week despite his busyness and supposed strictness?

The answer is that he has fallen in love with the little lady whose shift starts from 10:00AM to 8:00PM every Monday, Wednesday and Friday of the week. How did he learn her schedule?

That is a question he will refuse to answer.

"Mr. Sena, you're here again!" (y/n) spoke in English. A simple Italian girl like her wouldn't have the slightest bit of knowledge about the Japanese language after all.

"Well, yes. Can I get the usual to go?" Izumi replied coldly, in English as well. Though his accent was a bit rougher and harder to understand than (y/n)'s.

"Why, of course! Please take a seat." She beams while a smile spreads on her face. Izumi sits on the table that is the nearest to the cashier station. (y/n) proceeded to inquire, as a means to start a conversation.

"Is Mr. Tsukinaga here with you?"

The girl inquired with an innocent gaze. Izumi felt a bit irked by (y/n) asking about the annoying man, yet the grey head answered her regardless. Because it's his darling (y/n) (l/n) he was talking to after all.

"Leo isn't here. He has a few more jobs he needs to do. He kinda had it coming for him since he kept procrastinating."

A joyous laugh emanates from her lips. She tried stifling her giggling, but failed miserably. An elated smirk settled on Izumi, seeing the girl struggling to force her voice down.

"That is very Mr. Tsukinaga-like." (y/n) responded earnestly, eyes crinkling warmly.

"How many times have we told you to just address us casually?" Izumi sighs, staring icily down the smaller female. (y/n) knew better, however. What looks like a glare to most is just a stare of concern and worry in the most Izumi-like way.

"Eh, but you're famous, right? I think I'll get shot by one of your fans if I ever overstep boundaries." (y/n) pouts, before laughing. Izumi really likes her honest reactions and stupidly adorable responses. It'd be fun to chase her down like how he did with his Yuu-kun, but he doesn't wish to frighten her... for now.

The grey head man wanted to reply with 'not if I shoot them first', but he doesn't wish to bring confusion to her lovely expression. He wishes that (y/n) would keep smiling as freely as she can. As her self-proclaimed knight, he solemnly vowed to protect her from harm.

"They wouldn't. I think our fans are nice people." Izumi responds with a delighted curve of his eyes. Contrary to the soft expression he was wearing, Izumi was secretly cursing that if anyone touched a single hair on her precious head, three crushed fingers would become the end result.

"Yeah, I think you and Mr. Tsukinaga are fantastic people. So I'm sure your fans are just as nice." (y/n) compliments, a bashful blush adorns her cheeks.

And if he were to be honest, Izumi thought of it as the most beautiful treasure ever. He never considered himself as someone deserving such high praises, since he knows his flaws and tendencies. Still, to hear her melodic voice directed towards him had arose a warm flutter in his chest.

"Oh, here's your order. Time sure flies when you're having fun, yeah?" (y/n) hands him a box that contains freshly baked pizza.

"So did you have fun?" Izumi teases the girl. She stuttered for a bit but nodded, her face becoming redder at each second. Of course, if a man as handsome as Sena Izumi jokes with you, anyone could feel shy.

"Leo really likes the pizza here and is always making me go on errands." The man sighed wearily, scratching his cheek. This aroused a good feeling within (y/n), with a delighted smile accompanying it.

"You really are a nicer person than what I initially thought. You're always taking care of others and all." (y/n) comments absentmindedly. It was something (y/n) always noticed. How Izumi is a kinder man than what his aloof visage says he is. 

He was always cleaning up after Leo's mess, guiding that unit called Knights in his own way, and striking a conversation for as meaningless a person as (y/n) was. While Izumi and Leo are the stars of the play, (y/n) will only be able to qualify as a random passerby.

"Huh...?!" Izumi's heart was attacked by the sincere compliment he heard. A flustered hue grew on his ears, biting his tongue in the process.

"Ah, anyway, I need to go. So, so... yeah." The grey head mumbled, slamming down the money on the counter, and sprinting away.

"He's gone..." (y/n) laughed awkwardly, scratching her nape. A gentle smile appears on her face, murmuring the words. "Izumi is a really cute person."

She called him Izumi.