14- Empty again.

Madison's POV

"Thank you Xavier, for joining me to the orphanage". I smiled at my trusted guard Xavier. "No problem my queen. Anything you need, I'm here to do". He responded with a smile.

Ever so charming it was, he's too handsome to be a personal guard. Today, Ethan couldn't join me due to the many responsibilities of being a king.

I've been coming to the orphanage to donate clothes and food. Ever since I've lost my baby, my hearts been acting different. I can't explain how, but you can see it.

"My dear queen, have you both been trying again?". He asked softly. I took a moment to answer. "I'm still deeply mourning the child I've lost recently. We have tried, but nothing's happened yet". I answered.

"You know Madison, this might be the wrong time to tell you... but I've been in love with you ever since I was assigned to you". He blurted.

I stopped walking and look at him. I was taken back, if only he told me before I got married, I honestly would've ran away with him. But if that would've happened, I wouldn't be as happy as I am with my king.

Ethan completes me. "I-I'm Sorry you f-feel that way Xavier". I responded. "I'm not. Besides, it was a long time ago. I see that you are the happiest with the king". He smiled down at me.

I read his face, it wasn't okay to him. He loves me. "Oh Xavier, always my protector. I appreciate everything you do for me. But my heart is with your king, and it will always be him. ". I pulled him in for a hug.

We stood there comforting each other. "LOOK! The kings safin has a secret lover!". A civilian exclaimed.

We pull away from our embrace and stare at the forming crowd in confusion. "What? No.. he's not my lover, he's my friend". I told them.

"Lies! The safins hands are to touch the king ONLY, you are to be executed!". They all yelled. I was taken back at their sudden outrage. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to touch anyone.

"Let's go my queen, it's going to get worse". Xavier grabbed my arm. His actions caused the crowed to become angrier. I quickly jerk my hand away from his grip but proceeded to leave.
___________________________________

"My queen, I am so sorry this happened. Please forgive me". Xavier pleaded. "No need to say sorry Xavier. There is no reason to, it's all mine". I sighed.

"I don't mean to interrupt". Ethan appeared with an angry face. "Ethan, it's not what it looks like". I pleaded to my husband. "Word travels fast you know, I saw this coming ever since I found y'all at the library". He shook his head laughing harshly.

"No my king, it is not what it looks like I swear! We just hugged! That's it!". Xavier stammered. "Xavier leave, I want to talk to my wife". Ethan said blankly.

I felt scared. Xavier leaves, Ethan glaring at me. "Ethan I swear nothing happened! I love you and only you! He's my friend baby! I didn't know I wasn't supposed to touch any man, it's different here than my home". I explained.

He only stared at me with a blank expression. "They're talking about execution, you know, on you". His voice softened. His eyes began to tear up as mine did too.

"Ethan, I didn't know. I hugged him out of an act of kindness!". I exclaimed. He grabbed my arms and pulled me into a hug. Something I've been craving all day.

"I believe my queen, I always will". He whispered from the crook of my neck. I couldn't help but hug him tighter. I love him.

"But why did you hug him?". He asked me. "I thanked him for accompanying me to the orphanage". I answered. "My angel, we need to clear this up". He sighed as we let go of each other.

We stepped outside the room and noticed how quite it was. We looked at each other confusingly. Faint cheers began to get louder as it was coming from outside.

Ethan held my hand and guided us to a window that faces to whole Kingdom. There was a giant mob that formed circling around what appeared to be a man being prepared to hang himself.

My eyes widen, my heart and Jaw dropped. The man was Xavier. "Oh my- NOO!". I began to run. "No madison, it's too late". Ethan grabbed me and held me in his arms.

I began to sob loudly. Looking back at the window. They killed him. They hung him. My heart felt so empty. It felt as if I lost a baby all over again.

"Take it away Ethan please!". I sobbed in my husband's arms. "Take what away Madison?". He asked comforting me.

"The pain! All this place does is hurt me!". I escaped Ethan's grip. I didn't want to be here anymore.

I'm done.