NeverLand and the Witch Hunters

CHAPTER 1 - Roland

It's almost midnight. A man wearing a black cloak is hiding in the shadows of the castle's column. In his hands is a clear medium sized jar with green smoke inside it. He looked at it and the smoke began to move inside the jar like wanted to be freed.

"Yes," he thought. "now is the time."

He remove the lid, releasing the green smoke. The smoke dispersed quickly in the air with glee, filling the whole castle. As the green smoke passed the guards that is meters from him, they immediately fell in the cold floor with their swords.

He waited as silence enveloped the castle. Then after a few minutes, snoring sound coming from the different parts of the castle can be heard.

"The sleeping potion works," he said as he stepped out of the shadows. "thanks for the friendly witchfairies of Mahou." He smiled to himself.

The man is Prince Roland. The eldest son of King Arthur and Queen Dahlia.

He crossed the hallway, passing the half dozen guards sleeping peacefully in full battle gear.

He dashed into the stairs but stopped halfway through in front of glass window. The village can be seen through the window with the perfectly full moon shining brightly above them.

This is where his father would take him when he was a kid. It is his favorite place. King Arthur was showing him the whole village and kept on saying: "Someday all of those will be yours. You would rule over them when you reached the right age. You'll be the next King." That time he wants to be a King. He wants to serve their people, he wants to rule, to become powerful.

The King was so nice to him. He's nurturing him with knowledge on how to be a good King someday. He is considered the favorite over his brother, Simon, who just want to travel with his horse. That's until he fell inlove with a witchfairy named Alaina. A woman from Nozoma's rival kingdom Mahou.

After that, the King became so strict with him. He forbids his relationship with Alaina. But Roland love her so much that he became stubborn.

He's always reminding himself: 'All through out my life I followed him, this time I will not allow him to interfere with what's happening between me and Alaina.'

"I will miss this place," he whispered. "I really want to serve you but I have to leave. That's the only way I can be happy - to be in her arms. We also have to leave for our daughter. She will not be safe here in NeverLand because of the rivalry. They will kill her so I have to protect her whatever it takes. Even leaving my homeland behind. Please pray that the two great lands of NeverLand will be over soon so I can go back and maybe rule you again."

He composed himself then went straight to his room.

In his room, he knelt beside his bed, pulling a small leather suitcase. He opened it and put it on top of his bed then he opened his closet and pulled random clothes jamming it inside the suitcase.

He also pulled a pouch of precious gems and he's good to go. He's about to leave when a small wide mouth bottle caught his attention. It's Nozoma's new discovery, a wishing dust.

He has a feeling, he might need that one so without second thoughts he grabbed it and slid it inside his pocket.

He took his last glance at the castle. "Goodbye." Then he went to the castle's garden.

After taking a few strides, he heard a clopping sound from a horse's hooves. He knew it was his brother, Simon. He was about to run away and hide but it's too late. The horse carrying his brother is so close to him.