#CrushingIt

MONDAY

It was another normal day in Metropolis. The Lady Hamsters were dominating the rival team thanks to Diana being her. All of her friends were cheering her on from the bleachers.

"Calling it, the Lady Hamsters aren't losing a game with Diana on the team! Boom!" Kara pointed out as all of the girls then proceed to lay out their schedules as Diana kept scoring and scoring.

"She's going to crush it tomorrow on the debate team! The other day, the topic was "paper or plastic." Diana shut everyone down with reusable canvas bags! Yeah! Pow!"

"Dudes! She's my science fair partner on Wednesday! We're gonna kill it with some crazy ancient Greek alchemy! Bam!"

"Ooh! Ooh! And on Thursday, she's gonna lead the marching band into leading the football team to world domination! Kapowee!"

"Oh, yeah? Well, she's gonna bring down the house as Juliet in the spring play on Friday. My directing debut and Ally's costume designing skills will be absolute triumphs! Ba-ba-ba-boom!"

Jessica, Karen, Babs, Zee, and Ally were all excited to see their Amazon friend crush the week.

"Wow," said Kara. "Diana has the week of her life ahead of her!"

"Yeah, the Amazons prepared her for everything! I don't think there is anything in the universe that can stop her!" agreed Alisha.

As Diana leapt up to spike another ball, she noticed someone walk into the gym. And strangely, she just kept staring... causing her to get decked in the face.

"Way to jinx it, Karen," Kara yelled at her.

"Me?" Karen defended herself.

Everyone was shocked, which only grew as Diana seemed to be fixated only on that someone, making her completely lose focus on the game. When it was over, everyone can only wonder what happened.

"So... that happened..." Kara trailed.

Everyone rushed to the dazed and blushing Diana, who was murmuring incoherently. Barbara decided to rush in and splash her awake using a large tank or water. It worked.

"What... what happened?"

"Well," said Barbara. "You were being totally amazing like usual, and then that boy walked in, and suddenly, you were being totally not amazing!"

"Boy? You mean... Steve? Incredible handsome, alluring, more-beautiful-than-Adonis Steve?"

"Uh ...Yeah. I guess that was him," Karen said.

"But why would Steve affect my performance? He is only the first boy I ever saw when I first stepped foot on the World of Man."

At that point, everyone began to snack on Barbara's popcorn, sensing a story. And it was. She started telling everyone about her first encounter with Steve.

"After a long and arduous journey across the seven seas, I touched down on the sands of this new world... and there he was... Steve Trevor. I had only heard the legends. But to see in real life... a boy. Naturally, I offered him my hand in friendship. It was quite congenial. It is no large deal."

"It is no big deal," Kara corrected her.

"Yes. That."

"Hey, Diana." Speaking of which, enter Steve Trevor. "I thought that was you in the game! And your pals here too!"

"Ah, so anyway, since we're buds and all, I wanted to share the big news." He kept talking as everyone started to worry about Diana, who was completely lovestruck. "I didn't get into the military academy like I wanted, so it looks like I'll be right here in Metropolis High with all of you! Go Hamsters!"