Chapter 10

I woke up happy. What the hell happened last night? This is normally the part where I wake up, shaking from nightmares or in want of Jace.
"Morning, beautiful" Jace said, kissing me neck and I leaned back into him.
"If this is a dream, I don't wanna wake up" I said and he chuckled, kissing my face.
"It's no dream, babe. I'm never leaving again" he said and I smiled at him.
"Promise?" I asked
"I promise" he said and kissed my hand.
"People break promises" I said
"Not this one" he said "I give you my heart, my soul and my life" he said and I gasped
"Don't say that" I said
"I give you my warriors pledge" he said
"Oh god. That means your stuck with me" I said and he grinned.
"I can think of worse ways to spend my life" he said.
Lynx are immortal as long as they're warriors, most people retire, but there are a few who never did.
"Kiss me" I whispered and he grinned
"I thought you'd never ask" he said and we kissed slowly.
"I'm gonna miss this" I sighed
"Why would you miss it?" He asked tightening his grip on me.
"Easy there. I still need to work. I should be leaving today" I said
"I don't want this to end" he said, kissing my forehead.
"Then come with me" I said "I'll say your my guardian and no one knows anything about me, we'll say I work for a high up Moroi" I said excitedly
"I still have Monica" he sighed
"I know" I muttered
"But a few days wouldn't hurt" he said and we kissed slow and hard.
And then someone knocked on the door.
I stood up, pulling on a robe and opened the door to see Sydney, Adrain, Rose, Lissa, Dimitri, Mia, Eddie, Angeline and Christian.
"Oh. Hello" Jace said from behind me.
"Uh, when you said 911, we thought it might be hostage or something, but obviously you didn't mind" Rose said and I blushed.
"I forgot that I texted them the address when you were trying to clean my cuts" I said
"Well, I guess you should go" he sighed and I nodded.
I went into the bathroom, doing a quick shower and shaved.
I got out after fifteen minutes and dried off, changing into jeans and a tank top.
I laced up my boots and brushed my wet hair.
I walked out and they stopped talking.
"You know, if you didn't want me to be suspicious, changing the subject to sports always works" I told the men.
"We had to make sure he wasn't gonna hurt you" Eddie smiled
"He's fine. Go get the car" I said and went back in, brushing my teeth and doing my makeup.
"I love you" Jace whispered, kissing my neck and I leaned back into him.
"I love you, too" I whispered and turned in his arms and kissed him slowly to show him how much I loved him.
"Don't go" he whined when I pulled away.
"I have to. Good luck with Monica" I said and kissed his cheek before leaving.
I slid into the passenger seat beside Dimitri, Rose, Sydney and Jill were in the back seat.
"So, I never got to thank you. You saved my life" Jill said and I smiled at her.
"It's cool. But I do have to talk to your sister about something when we get to court" I said
"Whatever you want, I'm sure we can do it" she said
"We'll see" I said
"This is it. You finished your job and now you have to go" Sydney sighed
"Yes. But not quite yet" I said "about a month or so" I said
"Get some sleep, it's a long drive to the airport" Dimitri said and I realized I was still really tired.
I fell asleep with a smile on my face, thinking about Jace.