Seventeen.

[SCARLETT’S POV]

I help Aubrey sit into the passenger seat and I sit in the backseat. Matthew is still inside, settling the bills and other stuff. I still can’t believe Aubrey is now with us. Seriously, it’s not easy not to have someone to talk to.

And obviously, I did miss her annoying self. Blabbering about unnecessary things and going out to get drunk with her all the time.

‘’Aubrey you just can’t imagine how I’m feeling right now.’’ She turns back and gives me a smile. Her voice is not as it was before she went unconscious. She has this sort of lost-voice right now.

‘’Scar, let’s just be happy okay. It’s over now.’’

‘’Yes. I guess I understand. But there’s so much to talk about.’’

‘’Just as I thought. All I need now is some food, rest and a good drink. Then we’re good to go.’’ I raise an eyebrow at her and she shrugs. ‘’What?’’

‘’You heard the doctor. No drinking, no work, no fast food, no sugar and no exposure to any sort of cold thing.’’ She rolls her eyes.

‘’I understand the no working and no fast food thing. And you know I can cope without sugary stuff. But for the drinking part, pardon me please.’’

‘’Matthew would never allow you to go drinking and I wouldn’t go with you either.’’

‘’Oh save the talk, Scar. I don’t think…’’

‘’Okay here he comes I think you would like to shut up now.’’ She groans and sits straight. Matthew sits and starts the car, driving off as he steals glances at Aubrey. I guess this relationship will end up well.

We get to Matthew’s house and Aubrey looks at him with a questioning face.

‘’What are we doing in your house Matthew?’’ he sighs.

‘’I thought this was the best idea. Marie will take good care of you and make sure you eat nothing but balanced diets.’’ Aubrey rolls her eyes.

‘’But I thought you already hired a nurse.’’

‘’A nurse. Not a dietician.’’

‘’Marie is not a dietician.’’ I roll my eyes in the backseat, just swinging my eye from Matthew to Aubrey, depending on who’s speaking. 

‘’But you know she knows much about healthy food than you do.’’

‘’Why do you want to keep me here like I’m some prisoner.’’

‘’I thought you’d be happy about all of this.’’

‘’Cut it guys. I don’t mean to interrupt but can we just get something to eat first? I’m starving,’’ I cut in and Matthew gives me a nod.

Thankfully, they stop arguing and we enter the house. It’s neat as usual and Marie is in the couch playing with Jeizzle.

‘’Why didn’t you tell me Jeizzle is here too?’’ Aubrey whispers to me and I shrug.

‘’I forgot.’’

Marie looks up at us and she breaks into a huge smile before she walks to us and gives us a family hug.

‘’Oh my God this is so cute and adorable. All of you home with me.’’

Is she always in this good mood?

‘’Aubrey I’m so happy you’re well. You left my Matt worried for months.’’ I sit by Jeizzle as Aubrey sits with Marie and Matthew walks into the kitchen.