News of Quarantine / The Party

I just got home from school when my dad told me that there was a case of a virus called Sephetena in a town that neighbors ours.

   Sephetena is a non-deadly virus that everyone is scared of. Yes, many people have died from it but it's only the elderly people who have recently died from it. So I guess I can see why everyone is scared, but is still a 1 out of 1,000 percent chance of someone other than an elderly aged person to catch it.

  "You're not going to be going here n there all the time now. I don't want you to catch it." Dad said while we had dinner.

   "But Dad it's senior year. I'm not gonna spend the rest of the 3 months in the house." I said.

   "I didn't say you had to stay home. I just don't want you to go to work, then a friends' house, then go to the mall, then wherever next. Do you get what I'm saying now?" he said.

  "Yeah Dad."

  "Good. I love you mija, I just don't want you to get it."

[Mija - daughter, a quick nickname for daughters]

"I love you too Dad and I understand."

   I got up after I was done eating, took my plate to the sink, kissed Dad on the head and told him that I'm going to my room to do homework. I threw my bag on the floor and plopped on my bed.

   Bing.

   I looked at my phone and saw I had a message from my friend Arielle.

Arielle💜: Heyyyyyyy. Whatcha up to?
Me: Nothin' much.
Arielle💜: Good. Wanna go to a party tonight?
Me: Eh. I have homework.
Arielle💜: Girl. It's Friday come onnnnnnn.
Me: Ugh.
Arielle💜: Come on. It'll be fun.

   What did I have to lose?

Me: Sure. When and where is it?
Arielle💜: It starts at 9 p.m. The address is 468 Gile Hollow.
Me: Gile Hollow? Isn't that in Hinsdale?
Arielle💜: Yup.
Me: Ugh, okay.
Arielle💜: Yay.
Me: What should I wear?
Arielle💜: On my way to help you luv.
Me: Alright.
Arielle💜: Talk to you soon. Muah. Love you.
Me: Love you too.

   I looked at the time. It's already 6. I dropped my phone on the bed next to me and sighed. Imma regret this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "I am not wearing this Arielle." I said holding an outfit Arielle threw at me up to myself.

   "Why not? I think it makes you look good!" Arielle said pouting.

   "I look like a hoe. I ain't wearing this." She brought me a dress of her own. It was a deep maroon color that was off the shoulder. It had a slit up the right leg. It was shorter in the front and draped down to the floor in the back. "And plus Gile Hollow is a back road with mud n shit. So I would assume that this is a country party hun." I added.

   "Fine. You pick what to wear and I'll do your makeup and hair. Deal?"

   I sighed. "Deal."

   "Yay!" She squealed.

   I rolled my eyes. I chose my red flannel with a skin right black tank top to go underneath it, a pair of light washed denim colored jeans with the stylish hole rips, and my tan colored heeled steel toe boots.