Chapter 1

Narrator POV

"Kageyama!" Hinata called to the tall setter.

"Yes?" was his simple reply.

"Do you want to set for me after volleyball practice?"

"Sure."

"Great! I'll see you then!" Hinata called out as he left the gym after finishing his lunch.

"It's only a matter of time..." Kageyama sighed.

After lunch, Kageyama was walking by Hinata's classroom and saw him talking to his friends. (A/N: If anyone knows the names of Hinata's classmates, please let me know. I've rewatched Haikyuu!! 3-4 times and I still don't know.)

They'll be the first... Kageyama thought. Then we'll move onto the volleyball team...

Hinata saw Kageyama out of the corner of his eye and turns to look at him. "Hey, Kageyama!"

"Hello, lo––" Kageyama cut himself off and corrected his mistake before he could finish his sentence. "Hinata," the smaller boy was slightly confused but brushed it off.

"Don't forget, after school practice!"

"Don't worry, I will."

"Class is starting soon, you should get going," Hinata said, slightly worried about Kageyama being late to his class.

"Okay, later," and with that, Kageyama went.

Later at volleyball practice

"Hey, Shoyo!" Nishinoya called out.

"Hey, Nishinoya!" Hinata happily waved.

"What's up?"

"Nothing much... I REALLY want to learn Rolling Thunder!" Hinata had a sparkle in his eyes that you just can't forget. "Can you please teach me?"

"Hm... I don't know..." Nishinoya contemplated.

"Please Mr. Upperclassman?" Hinata begged. Nishinoya gasped le gasp.

"Okay, I will because that's what upperclassmen do!" Nishinoya spoke with his proud self.

"Yes!" Hinata fist-pumped the air.

He's next in line... Kageyama thought as he stared at the two conversing.

During a practice match

"Hinata, try to relax your shoulders more when you're receiving the ball," Daichi advised.

"Got it!" Hinata said with a saluting posture.

"You're doing great otherwise!" Daichi congratulated the first year.

#3...

After practice, Hinata and Kageyama stayed back to spike and set balls. Hinata threw the ball up in the air for Kageyama to set seeing that there wasn't anyone else who could. Kageyama set the ball perfectly for Hinata to spike. Hinata spiked the ball with ease. "Another one!" he called as he tossed another volleyball up into the air. Kageyama set the ball once again for Hinata to spike. As usual, Hinata perfectly spiked the ball to the opposite side of the court. "Again!" he yelled.

The two continued this for about an hour and a half, or at least until all the balls were set and spiked. Both were exhausted and panting. "I'll never stop loving that feeling of spiking the ball down..." Hinata mused.

"Yeah..." Kageyama agreed even though he doesn't usually spike. And I'll never stop loving you...

"Let's clean up and head home," Hinata suggested.

"Okay."

They cleaned up the gym, changed, and left. The boys were silent during their walk, but it was a comfortable silence. Soon they said their goodbyes and parted ways. Kageyama waited until Hinata was out of sight before heading off to a different house. As he walked there, he put on gloves and continued on to one of Hinata's classmate's house. He snuck behind the house into the backyard and saw the boy through the window. Kageyama swiftly threw a rock at the window, breaking it. "Huh?" the boy walked up to the broken window, very confused as to how it suddenly broke. "What the hell..?"

Kageyama threw another rock at the boy's head, instantly killing him. He fell back into his room with a bloody head, blood seeping into the carpet. Kageyama whispered to himself, "One down..."

[598 Words]