eleven

Feeling like it had been enough, Jaehyun decided to stop working for the night and finally go to sleep. He took off his glasses and closed his laptop, getting off the chair stretching his locked limbs. He turned to his bed, and smiled seeing Yeri finally asleep, peacefully. He heard her shuffle around a few times, and would peek to see her having trouble sleeping, so this was a relief.

After gazing at her for a few seconds he got in under the blanket, keeping some space between them as he laid down. He knew she said she was fine with this, but he still wanted to respect her and keep a little distant unless she came herself.

Which didn't take long to happen. As Jaehyun shifted around tiredly, he woke her up slightly as she was in light sleep anyways. Seeing him, she shifted closer herself. He was a little surprised at first, but then laid his arm out for her to rest on while she hugged him. She felt safer and more comfortable, and slept better feeling him cling to her as she did.

Jaehyun smiled looking at her sleeping face, while his free hand traced her features with his knuckles before sleep took over him quick as well.

«»

Yeri was sad again as she watched Jaehyun get ready to go to work. She was always sad, because it meant she'd have to stay home alone. She wanted to go with him, see how it was, or at least not be lonely at home.

Jaehyun tightened his tie and noticed yet again how her lips formed a small pout, making him giggle. Although, he too did feel sad for her, knowing she always wanted to go with him, like a child going to their parent's work place. He decided today should be different for her. He went to his bag and pulled out a card, then sat next to her on the bed.

"Here." he handed her both as Yeri looked at him confused. "It's an entry card with my name on it."

Yeri was still confused and simply stared at him innocently. "What do I do?"

"Later, you can come by to my office. I know you get lonely and bored at home. I'll book a taxi for you, maybe around one in the afternoon, so you can come to my office."

Yeri stared at him shocked and nodded slowly. Jaehyun chuckled and kissed her forehead, and soon left for work.

When the time came, she dressed up in some casual clothes and waited outside for a car. A red car pulled up, and the window rolled down to reveal a smiley young man.

"Hi! Are you Yeri?" he asked enthusiastically, and she nodded. "I'm Mark, I'm here to pick you up."

Yeri was a little doubtful, and Mark could sense her fear. "Are you the car Jaehyun sent?" she asked softly, to which he nodded.

"Well, he was going to send a taxi, but I told him that wasn't safe. Come in."

The passenger door opened itself, much like Jaehyun's car did, and Yeri slowly slipped in and they started off.

"I should introduce myself properly." the young man spoke. "I'm Mark Lee, Jaehyun's friend. I work with him sometimes too, that's why I'm here now. I was with him when he told me he was going to send a taxi, but since I was free I came instead because I didn't think you'd be comfortable in a taxi by yourself."

Yeri nodded slowly, thinking about what he said. "So... You know me?" she asked, causing Mark to laugh.

"Know you? Jaehyun will never stop talking about you! He's so smitten, I've never seen him this in love... In fact I've never seen him in love before for that matter. It's funny really, he'll check the time, keep asking if you're doing OK, if you've eaten. I mean, I have a girlfriend and even she finds it hilarious of him."

Yeri smiled hearing him speak, partly because if what he said, but also because of how he's so full of energy. He was friendly, nice, and felt like a brother already.

"Oh, and did you know we're the same age? Jaehyun told me, and I'm excited. My girlfriend's the same age too, we should hang out someday, she's always wanted to meet you!"

Yeri smiled as they slowly reached the building. The passenger door opened, and Mark ushered her out. "I have to get back to my place, but I assume Jaehyun gave you the entry card?" she nodded. "Good. Just press it on that grey box there, then go in and tell the receptionist that you're here for Jaehyun. She'll take you up."

Yeri smiled and waved him off as he drove away, and followed his instructions of entering the building. Once she entered, she looked around in awe at how technical the place looked, and slowly walked to the receptionist.

"Excuse me?" she spoke softly. The lady looked up with a half smile, and Yeri showed the card. "I came here for Jaehyun..." she said. The lady eyed her a little, especially at what she was wearing.

"Ma'am can you tell me his full name?"

"Oh, Jung Jaehyun." she answered nervously. The lady nodded and started to dial the office phone, her eyes kept on Yeri which only made her even more uncomfortable.

"Hello, reception. Is this Mr Jung Jaehyun's office? Yes well, I've got a lady here who claims she's supposed to come see him. She's even got his entrance card. OK..." she covers the speaker of the phone then turns to Yeri. "Please give me a second, his assistant is just checking with him." she smiled. Yerim nodded and stood aside until she saw her go back to the phone and mumble an OK.

"OK Ms, you may go up. It's the twenty-first floor on the elevator, it'll lead you straight to his office." she motioned her towards the elevator. Yeri smiled and thanked her, and headed towards the elevator, following her instructions about the floor number.

It took a while and some people did come in and stare at her, but she finally reached the said floor and quickly headed out as her social anxiety started to increase by the way there were more people in there with her. Stepping out she first took a deep breath before heading for the only big doors she saw, with a golden plate showcasing Jaehyun's name and position.

Just as she was about to knock, someone spoke from behind the table next to the door. "Ma'am, who are you? Do you have an appointment?" Yeri turned to see an office lady ask, and with her sat another. "Oh, are you the one downstairs?"

Yeri nodded. "He told me to come this afternoon... Here's the card." she showed Jaehyun's card out. The two ladies looked at each other bewildered, then nodded letting Yeri finally go in.

«»