sixteen

The sight of the man pulling his daughter's hair flashed something in Yeri's brain. She suddenly sees herself in her position, only she's much younger, wearing a ragged shirt, in a dark room. Is this a memory? Or just an imagination?

It hurts...

Shut up sl*t!

Leave me please!

Who's voices were those? she thought, her head spinning as she grabbed the side of the car to steady herself. She had no vision of anything around her, everything spinning as she heard and saw the scenario again. Then, it went black.

«»

Jaehyun sat by the bed, his hand never left hers. It had been twelve hours, but there was no sign of her waking up. Sighing he laid his head on the side of the bed, kissing her hand while his thumb rubbed the back of it. He didn't know what happened or what's going to happen. Though he did have an idea, but he only hoped he was wrong. He zoned out staring at the IV drip in her arm, wondering what's going to happen to her.

And mostly, if what he's thinking is right, what's going to happen to them?

Falling asleep, it was another couple hours when a sudden motion in his hand woke him up, and he immediately moved closer to her face to see her eyes were flickering, gently cupping her cheek. "Yeri." he called softly, "I'm here. Are you alright love?"

Yeri's eyes slowly opened and she stared blankly at Jaehyun, then at the hospital room. She sighed softly, raising her hand a little to hint that she wants to sits up. Jaehyun understood and pressed the button to lift the bed up halfway, then sat down next to her hugging her body against his securely with one arm, the other holding her hand still.

"How do you feel?" he asked massaging her hand. Yeri looked at him dazed, and took a couple of minutes before she actually spoke.

"Jaehyun, what happened to me?"

"You fainte-"

"Before. What happened to me when you brought me home the first time? Who am I Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun knew he'd have to tell her the truth at some point, just not this soon. He looked down at their hands then back at her to see her eyes full of hope.

"Please tell me..." she stared tearing up. "I'm tired of living like a child, I'm tired of not knowing about my past, I'm tired of following behind you all the time. I'm tired Jaehyun, please..." a single tear dropped onto her cheek and it was enough to break Jaehyun's heart. He kissed her forehead before hugging her tighter, leaning his head on hers.

"Will you be able to handle it?" she nodded slightly, though knowing herself she wasn't confident. "You were kidnapped and brainwashed for years, by my cousin. I never saw him since I was young after he was taken away to a psych ward. That one time I did go because of my mother's pestering, he got drunk and, I guess by accident, showed you to me. I went home feeling sick by what he did to you, and I couldn't forget about you. After you were saved, the authorities couldn't find any information on you, and we knew nothing but your name and age."

Yeri's whole body shivered at the thought of all that, memories of that dark room flashing through her head as she tried hard to get of them. Jaehyun hugged her tighter hoping it helped calm her.

"You probably remember after that, the authorities wanted to take you to the welfare homes, but your doctor didn't want that, and neither did I. You stayed with me first because you only communicated with me. But after you got better I couldn't keep you unless we were related. But I couldn't let you go."

She blinked a few times before sighing quietly. "Why did you fall in love with a sick person who had no personality or thoughts?"

This made Jaehyun think. He didn't know either what it was about her that he fell for. For all he knew she could have been a bully during school before getting kidnapped. The person she is now is the person he shaped her into, and as muchas he loves her now, he know it's wrong.

"I just... I don't really know. When I first saw you in that room and went home, I couldn't forget about you. I guess your beauty really captured me." he said with a smile trying to ease the tension, but looking at her he knew it was barely working and sighed as he continued. "After you stayed with me, I just fell for you more. You were always so nice and easy going, especially with Gogo."

"But you don't know the real me..." she suddenly spoke up, moving away from his hold. "You don't know what I'm like, who I am, where I come from. You know the person I am after having lost my memory, after meeting you..." She looked up, eyes slightly tearing up. "I don't even know myself... I'm sorry Jaehyun... I still love you, but it feels wrong. I... I want to be alone please, for now."

Jaehyun understood and nodded. He took her hand and gave a soft kiss before getting off the bed. "I'll be outside. Take as long as you need. But just know, and I say this with all my heart, that I'll still love you no matter what happens."

«»