➪ 004 *

PARTLY EDITED: 11/20/2020

Playing The Long Game

Sunny wrote to her mother the next morning while at breakfast. While she and her mother didn't have the same relationship that she had with father, due to her seeing him year round, she loved and admired her mother greatly. She cherished the time she spent with Eleanor Morley.

In the middle of her writing, an overly excited redhead took a seat in front of her. "Oh, isn't this morning just lovely Sunny?" Lily mused, a dreamy look in her eyes.

Not taking her eyes off the paper in front of her, Sunny simply nodded, not really listening to Lily. Lily, being the brilliant girl she is, noticed this immediately, and decided to toy with her. "You know, I think I may cut my hair," She lied.

"That's nice, Lils," Sunny mumbled a response. Lily raised her eyebrow, deciding to see how long she could get away with this.

"Yeah, I was thinking maybe a cut, like a pixie cut, and then maybe dyeing it black." The Morley girl looked up quickly from her paper at the mention of Lily dyeing her hair.

"Lily Evans, you're red hair is one of the most beautiful things I have ever laid my eyes on and I swear if you ever dye it, you will not hear the last of it."

So, Sunny had clearly come out of her shell more around Lily. The two girls quickly bonded and to say they had an amazing friendship would be an understatement. Sunny never had a best friend before Lily, and she was loving every second of it. She always reminded Lily of how amazing she was and Lily did the same back, a mutual trust and respect building between the both of them. They were basically inseperable.

Lily laughed after hearing Sunny's little outburst, knowing that she loved Lily's hair more than Lily loved it. "I'm just kidding Sun," She told her, and she could see Sunny's shoulders relax, "I just wanted to see how long I could go before finally grabbing your attention."

"Sorry, I was ignoring you," Sunny said, looking down at the letter in front of her, "I'm just writing a letter to my mum. You know, my mum and dad had a love story similar to yours with Potter."

Lily's face heated up a bit at the mention of James, not going unnoticed by Sunny. "Sunny, how many times do I have to tell you?" Lily sighed dramatically, "There is nothing going on between Potter and I. I find him rather annoying actually."

Sunny shook her head before finishing up her letter, intending on taking it to the owlery later that day during her free hour. "How was your day with your dad yesterday?" Lily asked her as she ate some breakfast.