Excerpt

ههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههه

Sometimes, Fate picked favorites.

Sometimes, the villain just so happened to be that favorite, and so the villain-though cruel and hateful-would win.

And then there was the matter of being the villain. Not the favorable one, no, but the monster that everybody-even Fate-hated.

Anastasia Elliot had to admit, that though she hated herself as much as everybody else did, she loved how sometimes, if she tried hard enough, she could blur herself between the lines of good and bad. Hero and villain. She could blur herself, until the world saw her as nothing but a person who simply existed.

But of course, Fate chose favorites, and it seemed that Anastasia was not one of them.

But granted, neither was Tyler.

Tyler Griffins knew from the start he was not meant to be good, noble or anything in between. He was a product of the very thing that had evil written all over its face.

He wished to escape that life, and escape it he had.

Temporarily, that is.

Because how long could he pretend he was good? How long could he forget about the events of his past, the horrors almost all caused by her? How could he forget, when she was his co-star in the very play he was going undercover in?

Things fall apart quickly, and suddenly, it's as if the past seven years of his life spent away from violence had never existed, only this time, he and her were on the same side.

Gangs. Blood. Violence. All a part of life, were they not?

"Remember, my love, that sometimes it is the villain that comes out the victor."

ههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههه