XVIII | Obstacle / Oculoplania ♚

this chapter is split into two parts, meaning the next chapter will also be Tyler's pov

dedicated to hibba_rashid

go read her book "Overdose" i assure you it will not disappoint.

seriously. it's fucking awesome.

enjoy!

EDITED

He had seen her in every possible emotional state

He had seen her in every possible emotional state. Anger, sadness, vulnerability, happiness... you name it.

Tyler had seen Elliot cry, had seen her when she had had a panic attack, had seen a lot more than that too many years ago, but never had he seen her—or anyone—this frustrated. Annoyed.

Frightened.

He leaned against the doorframe of the bedroom. It was late at night, perhaps around one in the morning, and Tyler watched a tired Anastasia Elliot pace around the room, muttering a collection of 'how's over and over again, mixed with other sentences that added onto the same idea; how.

"How did he—"

"When did he—"

"Where are the—"

Her notice to his presence was delayed, an issue of hers that irked Tyler as it had happened many times before. What if he had been Michael? Would she just be that lost in her thoughts and make herself an easy target for anyone who wanted to kill her?

He shook his head to get read of his thoughts. She wasn't his problem.

But sometimes—sometimes—, a tiny part of him wished she was.

His thoughts slowly drifted to the night where he had—

Fucking hell.

Where he had exposed himself to her in every way possible. When he let the memory of his little brother—or what remained of it—blind him from the fact that she was the reason his mother was dead, just like she was the reason he had endured many sleepless nights haunted with images of her screaming, and his brother's lifeless eyes, and of his mother's severed head.

He ignored the sickening feeling rolling in his gut and cleared his throat, making her finally snap her head towards him.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" He started slowly, a nonchalant expression hiding the curiosity within. He was especially on edge after the little flashback he had and was keeping sure to be extra cautious around her.