Chapter 4 ~ The mess hall

Max's pov

I was taking Y/n to the mess hall for lunch.

I warned her not to eat the food because its disgusting.

I don't think she is not that bad. At first I thought she was fucking dumb, And annoying but she isn't that bad.

I'm being nice to her, As much as I try to be mean to her I can't. It's impossible!-

I noticed we were holding hands so I became flustered and looked at her. She was looking around at the forest. I didn't let go of her hands, They were soft and warm.

"Woah Max! Your really really red!"  Nikki squealed and appeared out of no where.

I quickly looked at Nikki and y/n looked at me, Curious as to why I'm so red.

"W- what happened Max are you ok?" She asked as she put a hand on my forehead, Which made me blush even more.

"Gah! Just l- leave me alone!" I stuttered walking out of both of their grasp.

Nikki POV

"Ooh I think someone has a crush!~" I teased wiggling my eyebrows.

Y/n blushed.

"W- wha? No w- we've only j- just met.." She sputtered.

"Teehee, Comeone let's go to the mess hall, Mama's hungry!" I squealed, Grabbing y/he's hand and running to the mess hall.

Y/n pov

Being dragged by an absolute tomboy wasnt the best. Nikki kept jumping around and stuff.

Max told me not to eat Quarter master's food, I didnt know why. He also said he could steal some of David's lunch which seemed mean.

We got into the mess hall and I saw a waving Neil and a grumpy Max.

I waved back to Neil and grabbed a tray of green mush. I had no idea what this was and wasnt gonna eat it.

I sat opposite Neil and next to Max.

"So do you like it here n/n?" Neil inquired.

"U- um yeah it's pretty nice. The people are pretty cool." I answered

Max noticed That I wasnt eating, so he got up and grabbed my wrist and gently pulled me to a councillor cabin.

"M- max? Where are we going?"

"You werent eating so I'm taking you to David's cabin to steal his lunch." He replied.

"Isnt that a b- bit mean?"

"Nah I do it all the time, He hardly even notices"

That seemed pretty reasonable.

I stood at the door while max stole some potato chips and a few capri moons.

"I r- really like capri moons." I stuttered as always, Max handed me a capri moon and I took it as fast as lightning.

"Wanna go eat these in my tent?" He asked.

"O- okay." I replied. We both walked off to his tent.