MUSICALS!

I would like to introduce you (if you're not already familiar) to some of my favourite musicals!

Newsies

Great story based on the newsboys' strike of 1899. Likable characters, incredible lyrics, and epic dance sequences. Based on the newsboys' strike of 1899, a group of newsboys go on strike for their rights. But with tap-dancing. And Andrew Keenan-Bolger.

Dear Evan Hansen

Feel all of the feels. All of them. Uplifting, wholesome, funny, deep, heart-wrenching, all at once. This musical will break your heart into pieces, then tape it back together.

(Warning: Deals with substance abuse and suicide, but has a heartwarming end.)

Something Rotten!

A hilarious story about how Shakespeare's Hamlet was really written. Two brothers are trying to write the next big show, only a soothsayer informs them that the newest hit will be something called a 'musical'. Behold – Omelette: The Musical, a show about eggs. Yes. They write a show about eggs. Tap-dancing eggs.

A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder

A low-status man learns that he is part of the noble D'Ysquith family, and goes to take his rightful place as a D'Ysquith, while deciding between two women whom he loves. The only problem is that he's ninth in line, and he's told that eight people would have to die for him to become earl. Guess there's nothing else to do but murder them.

(Warning: Murder. Lots of murder. In very creative ways.)

The Producers

Two producers realize that they could make more money with a flop than a hit – so they set out to produce the worst show in the history of Broadway. Enter: Springtime for Hitler.