CHAPTER 3 || RESEARCH

You rehearsed the name in your head as you walked up the steps to the library. "Malova mental health institute." That's what Maddox said, right? 
You walked up to the door and opened it, stepping inside. Not much people here today. You walked over past the front desk, waving at the lady there on your way by. You walked over to where the computers were and sat down at an empty one. You turned on the computer and began to search for the name Maddox had told you. 
You researched for a while, looking at all kinds of articles and wiki pages.
Eventually something caught your eye. Two things, actually.
The name of the person who owned it went by the name of Benedict. Benedict Malova. You were reading about him when something caught your eye. The name of his son. Knox Malova. You tried your best to remember that for later.
With the whole investigation of the place going on, there was already some articles about what occured at the place after it shut down. There were supposedly 3 people alive in the place at the time. Not sure how they got there yet, nothing but assumptions. There was one body found. Poor girl. She was young. Where Knox is at the moment is currently unknown, but there has been some speculation on where he could be. But the person you're interested in is someone who was sent there at the time to investigate the place. They were found with Knox presumably a few hours after what happened. They're currently still in the hospital. After some digging you were able to find that they're currently staying at the Angel of Mercy hospital. You wrote that down along with a few other things. You plan on visiting them to ask them about some things.
You looked over at the clock. Not too late for a visit now. But Maddox could be getting paranoid back at the apartment.
Eventually you decided you'd visit them another day. You packed up your stuff and got up, walking towards the door to go home. As you got outside you realized you were at the library longer than you thought. It was starting to get dark so you began to walk a bit faster than usual to get home.

As you got home and walked inside you noticed that it was quiet in the house. Quieter than usual. You went to go check on Maddox and saw him on the bed still, staring at the wall just like when you checked on him that morning. 
"Hey, sorry I took so long, I lost track of time and-" You paused when you realized there was tears running down his face. 
"M-Maddy, you alright?" You walked over and sat next to him. He didn't even move. He was shaking slightly.  
After a few seconds he snapped out of it and looked at you. 
"O-Oh, yeah, I'm fine- Don't worry," He wiped his tears and smiled. You could tell the smile was forced. 
"You sure?" You looked at him with a face of concern. He nodded. 
"Alright then, I'm going to bed-" You stood up, continuing to look at him. "Try to get some sleep, okay?" 
"Yeah-" He replied quietly. 
You walked out of the room, leaving the door open behind you. You walked down the hallway and to your room. You entered your room, closing the door behind you and sat on your bed. You sighed and laid down, eventually drifting off to sleep after the long day.