Chapter Eight : A Date

There was not much work today at office today so I left early. On the days when I get a little free time I usually go out for a run.

I was just getting ready to leave for a run in the park nearby when my phone vibrated. It was Aaron.

Hey, it's Aaron!

Hey. I reply back before putting on my shoes.

Have any place in mind for our first date?

Finally he made it clear it's a date. I go back to texting him.

I moved to Paris recently. Also I haven't really gotten time to go visit around the city. So it would be better if you picked a place. I didn't want to pick a bad place for our first date.

Okay. So what kind of place do you want to go to?

That was so nice of him to ask. I thought he'd right away choose a place and text me the time to be there. I'd like to go some place quiet, where we can talk and get to know each other.

And what time would be fine with you?

I actually have grocery shopping and few other things on my list. So I am completely free by 4 in the evening. After hitting the send button I realised what if he's not free at that time. So I quickly send him another message. But if that time doesn't work for you just let me know. We can decide on a time which works out best for the both of us.

I don't really have anything to do tomorrow. So I'm perfectly fine with whatever time.

Cool then.

Okay then I'll text you the place in some time.

I send him a thumbs up emoji.

It really didn't matter where we went for a date in a city like Paris. There aren't many other places in the world where a simple stroll from one end of a district to the other can be considered a date....and a romantic one at that. Paris is magic. But still if there was a place Aaron had in mind which could make our evening even more magical then why not.

I put on my shoes, plug in my headphones and leave for my run.

In the middle of my run my phone vibrated again. I see Aaron's name as I turn on the screen.

Tour First. Tomorrow at 6.

But Tour First is an office building why would he suggest this place. Maybe that's the landmark.

So are we meeting there?

Yes.

Cool. See you tomorrow then :)

Maybe it's some place near to Tour First. He didn't want me to get lost I guess. A smile makes it's way to my lips at the thought of it. I realize I am standing in the middle of the park smiling at myself and quickly put back my phone in the pocket of my jacket and continue running.

_____________________

Author's Note :
This chapter is a short one. I hope you enjoy it :)