Chapter 10

Y/N's POV

We ran out of the house just to be confronted by Eddie's angry mother.

'You!', she shouted at us. 'You did this! You know how delicate he is!'.

'W-w-we were attacked M-M-Mrs.K', Bill tried to reason with her.

'No. Don't', she said, obviously not listening to anything Bill had just said.

'Don't try and blame anyone', she said. Bill looked down. Just then, she dropped her keys.

Beverly knelt to pick it up. 'Let me he-'.

'No! Back!', she shouted. She bent and picked her keys, coming face to face with Beverly.

'Oh, I've heard of you Mrs. Marsh', she said. I looked up at the sound of my last name.

'And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son', she said. That's it.

'Don't talk to my sister like that', I said, taking a step forward. Eddie's mom narrowed her eyes at me.

'And who are you?', she asked.

'Y/N Marsh', I replied, matter-of-factly. Eddies mom came up to me.

'Well, don't you behave like a princess', she said. 'Why don't you go home, where your dad can pamper you', she said.

Ouch. That hit a soft spot.

Mrs.K, I s-s-', Bill tried again.

'No! You are all monsters! All of you!', she said.

'And Eddie's done with you all. Do you hear? DONE!'. She got into the car, driving off while Eddie looked like he was going to cry.

We all walked onto the road, looking at Eddie's car vanish from sight. 

Bill turned towards us.

'W-we, me and Y/n, s-saw the well', Bill said. I nodded in affirmative.

'W-w-we know where it is, a-and next time w-w-we'll be better prepared'.

'No!', Stan shouted suddenly. We turned to look at him.

'No next time Bill! You're insane!', he shouted, his voice shaky.

'Stan-', I tried. 

'Why?', Beverly asked. 'We all know no one else is going to do anything!'.

'We're the only ones who can stop this!', I said.

'Eddie was nearly killed!', Richie shouted. 'And look at this motherfucker!', he said, pointing at Ben. 

'He's leaking Hamburger Hell!'.

'We can't pretend it's going to go away!', I shouted back at them.

'Ben, you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years', Beverly said.

'Fine!', Ben said. 'I'll be forty and far away from here!'.

'I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town too', Ben retorted.

'Because I wanna run towards something', she said. 'Not away from it!'.

'I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?', Richie asked. Beverly showed up her middle finger.

'You're going to turn your back on the town when it needs us the most?', I asked in disbelief.

Richie rolled his eyes. 

'I'm just saying, let's face the fact! It's real world! Georgie is dead! Stop trying to get us killed too!', he said, trying to walk away. Bill pushed him back.