ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚: 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖 𝕄𝕠𝕞

We've been on the road for only 45 minutes and I've taken 2 naps. I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway. We finally got to the house. It was giant and the front yard was nicer than my old house. There were beautiful, bright flowers everywhere and the grass was green and beautiful. It was two stories and there were windows and trees everywhere.  It was painted white. It was beautiful. There were cars in the driveway. I am not talking about some normal cars, no these were fancy cars. No wonder why the boys wanted to go with my father. 

"How? What? What does my father do for a living?", My jaw dropped. I was in awe.

"I don't know nor do I care. Let's go shall we?"

Okay then. We get out and I grab my bags. My stomach was twisting in knots with every step. We finally get to the door. Mom and I share a look. Please don't do this

She knocks.

No answer.

She knocks again.

Again, no answer.

"Oh looks like they are busy. How about we come again in a few weeks or in a few years."

I start to walk back to the car, but thanks to my luck, the door opens. A boy who looks like my age stands by the door. He had darkish hair. He gave off the popular, doche bag vibes. 

"Well, are you going to keep staring, or are you going to come in?"

Yup, I was right. I looked at mom who had tears forming in her eyes. "Mason. Look at you. You got so big." She hugs him. "Yes, mother. That's what happens when you haven't been around for over 13 years."

I chuckle. I already want to punch him in the face. He glares at me and we walk in with my bags. 

"Well, everyone is upstairs and Levi and Jake aren't here. So let me go get them."

Mom nods and looks around. The house was bigger on the inside than on the outside. It was nice, too nice. The living room consisted of a large, flat tv, and a giant couch. There were two hallways. One went upstairs and another went straight. After looking around a bit, 4 people walk downstairs. My twin walked downstairs with a giant smile on her face. The other three boys barely had any emotions on their faces'. So this is the game they want to play, fine then. 

Mom walked up to them and hugged them, leaving me alone at the door.

"Hi, mom.", my sister said. She sounded sad and happy at the same time. "Look at my gorgeous girl." Mom backed up and looked at Harper with proudness in her eyes. 

"Thanks." Harper looked at me and started to walk over while mom was still saying her hellos to the boys.

"Well, if it isn't the trouble maker herself." Harper stood in front of me.

I smiled and dropped my stuff. We instantly hugged. That's when I realized how much I missed her. My twin who my father dragged away from me. We smiled and started to cry happy tears in each other's arms. "I've missed you so much, Harper."

"Me too."

"I can't believe you're actually here."

We stayed like that for a while. Just enjoying each other's presents. That was when we heard a cough. We let go and turned to the person responsible for ruining the moment.

It was Jackson's twin. They didn't look alike. The only thing that they had in common was the hair and the eyes. 

I wiped my tears and put my poker face back on. I hate crying in front of people. Especially, people, I hate.  

"Hello, James." My smile disappeared. I finally came back to reality where I had to live with my brothers who I despise for leaving me. He nodded and smiled. Don't expect one back, James

I then looked at the oldest one here. He had curly, black hair with brown eyes, my father's eyes. Jackson. 

"Well, how about we get your stuff to your room and Harper can show you around the house," Jackson said. He obviously noticed how much I didn't want to be here. I nodded and grabbed my stuff while Harper grabbed some bags as well. We started to walk upstairs, leaving mom and the boys to talk. 

"Thanks for taking her. She is a handful and-", I heard mom say before she was interrupted. "I understand. We heard it all. I just hope that she isn't as much trouble as she was for you." I believe that that was Mason who said that.

"God, how much did you pack?" Harper said, interrupting my eavesdropping.

"Oh, you know. It's not like I am about to live here or anything."

We laugh. I already can tell that she and I are going to be the closest.

There were lots of rooms in the hallway. There are more rooms than the number of people who live here. 

We finally reached a room at the end of the hallway. 

"My room is right in front of yours. The boys wanted us to be near each other and at the end of the hallway."

We entered the room. It was huge. There was a giant white bed and a closet. It also had a connected bathroom. There was a TV against a wall and a dresser near the window. 

"This is... I don't even know what to say."

"Yeah, my friends usually have the same reaction to my room."

We drop off my bags. We started to unpack my stuff. 

"I really hope we become best friends. You have no idea how happy I am to not be the only girl in the house."

"Me too, Harper."

"Soooo, are you ever going to tell me what you did to get suspended?"

I laugh and shake my head. "No"

She fell back onto my new bed and stared at the ceiling. "Well, it was worth a try."

I unpacked my stuff while Harper was talking to me.

"So, I saw how mad you looked when you were walking downstairs," I say.

"Yeah, I was in a bad mood before you got here."

"I really hope that it wasn't because of me."

"No, it wasn't. I was just mad at my- our brothers. They usually piss me off and they always try to act like they're my parents when they aren't even that much older. It's annoying."

"Great, just what I need." Sarcasm dripping off every word.

"I am actually surprised that they let me out of my room."

"Wow, you were locked in your room. It must have been a serious offense." I laugh. She rolled her eyes.

Mom came upstairs and said her goodbyes. I felt a little better now that I know that my twin likes me. After one last hug, she left. I sat down with tears forming in my eyes. 

"Hey, Bailey. Don't be sad. We are finally together again. You got me." Harper walks around my bed and gives me a hug. I wipe my tears and stand up. "I'm not sad. I just don't want to be stuck here with our brothers."

"Welcome to my life" We laugh.

Goodbye, mom

1259 words

6/17/2020