8-HUIT

Weeks later

Emma

Brad and I had known each other for what seemed like ages but in reality it was only 4 months. 4 months consisting of going to our café, sitting on the same counter table, going for walks at the park, riding bikes, going to the woods, messing around, kissing and just us two being us, the two of us.

We had met in September and it was now almost December. We had become inseparable and we were always together, aside from when brad had to leave.

"2 weeks until your birthday freckles" brad said playing with my hair while we sat on the grass

"yup 18 hahah"

"we'll have to do something special"

"if I spend my birthday with you it will already be special" I said meeting his eyes

"is that because you are so into me?" he smirked

"you wish brad. You wish" if he only knew. But he isn't supposed to know "the fact that you bring that up only makes it clear that you are the one that is into me"

"maybe" he said laying down and resting his head in his arms

~

Brad

It was Emma's birthday today and although I was supposed to leave to go with the band I asked if I could catch up a day later.

"what do you have to do?" joe my manager asked through the phone

"oh um.. its someone special's birthday"

"you have to tell us you fucker" I could hear Tristan scream in the background

"hahaha I will tris, see you guys tomorrow"

I hung up and arrived at Emma's place. I knocked on the door.

"coming" I heard followed by some footsteps

As soon as she opened the door she smiled and jumped on me "Brad!"

"happy birthday babe!" I said kissing her cheek

"thanks...so babe? That's new, I like it"

I checked her out "you aren't ready yet"

"oh yeah I'll do it quick but first sing me a happy birthday, come on ill lend you my guitar" she said grabbing me by the hand and pulling me towards her room. Inside she handed me the wooden instrument

"I actually didn't know you played guitar" I said strumming it

"I kind of do" she shrugged

"Besides everything else you do you also play instruments and I've heard you sing beautifully. That is girlfriend material"

"Ugh I know, don't know why no one has made a move" she joked

"I've made several moves" I pointed out

"Is that so? Now play kid"

I sang her happy birthday and she looked adorable with her head resting on her hands.

"That was the most beautiful thing ever, thanks love"

"so you are calling me love now as well?" I said sassily

"Yes, now if you excuse me for a moment, ill go and get ready"

"Okay ill go to the living room and wait" I said as I stood up

"oh you can stay here its fine, im still changing in the bathroom it's not like am going to undress in front of you"

"Maybe you should" I said

"maybe but no" she said closing the bathroom door.

She came out moments later with a beautiful long sleeve gray sweatshirt dress with patches on the front, im pretty sure its Abercrombie, it looks like it. She paired it with a leather jacket and some black heeled boots and her long hair down.

"Is this fine or too casual, I don't know where we are going"

"Perfect" I said shocked "shall we go"

"we shall" she said looping her arm with mine.

Emma

"I freaking love you" I said after I saw the place. It was a beautiful restaurant in the middle of the woods
"you know me too well"

"I kind of do, I'm glad you liked it" he replied

We sat and had dinner while we talked for hours, the food was also very good.

"no way" he said taking a sip of his wine, he was reacting to something I said

"I know" she laughed "by the way we won't see each other for a while during Christmas agh, I would have loved to see you during the holidays"

"Are you going home?" I asked

"yeah, but we will still talk and facetime right?"

"Right" he said grabbing my hand across the table.

We spent hours talking, laughing our asses off and staring at each other. That was kind of our thing, to stare at each other in silence, but a comfortable silence. A silence that said what we weren't brave enough to say.

"you are beautiful" he said resting his head on his hands

"you aren't so bad yourself Bradley" I said blushing.

The people in the restaurant started to leave, fading out of the picture till it was almost only the two of us. It was so late we had to leave the restaurant but the car was just as fun. We jammed and sang our hearts out, bobbing our heads with the windows down and brad taping the steering wheel. Staring at him doing his thing and being himself made me realized how badly I needed him.

"started out with a kiss how did it end up like this" we sang in unison

I turned the window down as we screamed "but it's just the price I pay destiny Is calling me, open up my eager eyes cause I'm Mr. Brightside" we looked at each other and burst out in laughter.

He became the air I needed. Every time I would see him I would forget to breathe. And every time he smiled it killed me but brought me back to life.

His hair, his smile, his eyes, his voice, his hands, his sense of humor, his heart, his personality; HIM.

A/n:

Dear god this was so soft and mooshy. Ew. But its brad so not ew.