Chapter: 6

Kashvi never thought anyone would love her, least of all die for her. And now- Someone she just met yesterday has taken a Blood – Oath for her! She didn't want that! She wanted someone to understand her, love her, support her; not throw their life away for her. 

'What am I going to do?' She thought as she lay on her bed. 

She didn't meet her parents once she reached the castle. They were given a private room, two doors from hers, they could have heard her come in since the castle is so silent. But neither her mother nor her father came to check in on her. She did not mind. She was not ready to meet them, yet.

She gazed at the ceiling meaninglessly and only then did she realise how messed up things have gotten for her.

She sat up on her bed hugging her pillow tightly, "just- just tell me I am dreaming." She yelled at the ceiling. All the feelings that she had kept suppressed burst open like a damn and tears rolled down her cheeks, she pressed her mouth into the pillow screaming hard. Until yesterday she was just a normal teenager, minding her own business and all of a sudden, she was going to sacrifice her life for a war she had no idea of until today! And on top of all that, she didn't know what she is going to deal with and how her power is going to help her. Now, Sanjay's life is tangled to hers and if she dies, he dies with her too! How convenient for the so-called 'The Dark Lords.'

Kashvi wiped her eyes, she pulled her hair into a ponytail and walked out of her room, "where is Sanjay's room?" She asked the maid who passed by her holding a tray of coffee. 

'Funny that there are maids here,' she thought no one else lived here except for the chef, obviously, otherwise, the delicious food that appeared on the dining table would be a mystery. 

The maid absentmindedly pointed to the door that was at the end of the corridor to her left. It was a huge wooden door, with carvings of war. Kashvi, knocked the door twice, just to give a warning for him to be... presentable and pushed the door open. 

Kashvi saw him sitting on his bed, his back towards her. She stood by the door, debating if she should call out for him, when she heard him sniff, "Sanjay?" she called to him softly, "are you okay?" He quickly wiped the tears away and looked at her immediately smiling. 

"How did you know my room?" 

"A maid helped me find." 

"Well, sit down then." He said. 

Kashvi sat down beside him, her hands awkwardly on her lap. His room looked so big that the entire town could fit in. There were a lot of pictures on the wall; A man stood tall and proud, his strong arms wrapped around a beautiful woman. Her smile was so vibrant that Kashvi suddenly felt warm. The similarities were evident between Sanjay and the woman. "They are my parents." Kashvi jumped as Sanjay spoke. She was mesmerised by the women on the picture that she had forgotten that Sanjay had been sitting beside her and he had been crying

"Are you- alright?" She asked, again. 

"No, I am not alright. How can I be when the thought of losing another friend terrifies me? I like you, Kashvi. I know I just met you but I care for you more than you realise." 

Kashvi was shocked. She knew there was something between them, but she did not expect him to say that out loud. 

Kashvi looked away to hide her blush. "We both know there is something between us, Kashvi, so I do not want to pretend anymore. I have already lost someone close to my heart, not this time." He said holding her close. A tear dropped down his cheeks. Kashvi held his face and wiped away the tear.

"I don't want this, Sanjay. I am scared." 

Kashvi said Sanjay planted a kiss on her forehead, "there is something you should know Kashvi."