chapter 3

Aurora's pov

I never liked parties but Kingston did and that was a good enough reason to go or throw them. The smell of booze sweaty drunk people grinding against each other, sloppy makeouts and games. That's the definition of high school parties.

And it was no different at this one. I was trying to get past the crowd and to the kitchen. We met Ella there."Should I get you a beer" shouted Ella over the music. Beer wasn't my cup of tea I had a very low alcohol tolerance. And I was here mainly to see Gianna. "Nop just give me a sealed soda don't want to be drugged" She nods and gives me a coke. "I've never been to a party except of course the usual fancy parties" Sarah says. I for some reason would pick those kinds of parties over high school parties. As I'm looking around for Gianna, Sarah must have noticed cause she told me to go ahead and look for her and she'll stay with Ella.

Getting through sweaty bodies is a challenge. I mean what's the point of taking a bath if you going to be lathered in sweat. I know this house like the back of my hand. So it's not hard to look for her, of course except from the drunk couples making out encounters.  "Aurora you're under arrest for looking too cute!!!" I hear someone shrink behind me. I've found my girl, "ahh giana get your butt hear" we hug and squeal like kids.

I honestly missed her she was one of my best friends. "Aurora you look good, have you been working... out" my lazy self can't even get up early. "Oh shut up look at you, you don't even visit anymore celebrity" she does a little curtsy. "Why thank you" I chuckle at her childishness. She has always been like this so full of joy.  "Well what changed your mind" I have been wondering why she decided to come back for senior year. There was more to this story and I needed to know. "I just needed to have senior year with you guys" I wasn't buying it but I let her be.

"Well wanna get drunk" Gianna was back indeed. "Knock yourself out am good" I wasn't going to drink tonight no matter what. "You're such a bummer" we start walking outside to the pool cause she wants to swim. I obviously didn't come prepared to swim so I watch her get in the pool. She's wearing a pink one piece. I turn around to go and grab another drink but I end up bumping into someone. "Woah watch were you're going Aurora" He grunts out. My stomach just did a flip and I recognize that voice all to well.

"Umm am sorry" I try to get out of there but like a fool I end up falling backwards. But I don't feel the water. Kingston pulls me forward and once again I collide with his chest. "Where are you rushing to" he whispers this with a chuckle. My heart is beating fast.

And thinking back to all the times he's hurt me,when I caught him kissing somebody else. And yet my stupid heart is still falling hard. Sure he can catch me now but he watches me as I fall in love without a safety net he doesn't offer one.

I don't know if he's feet are still on the ground or he to is falling. I realize that am just staring at him with tears brimming at the corner of my eyes. He looks concerned, how dare he he's the cause. The reason am sick, so love sick hope am not contagious I don't wish anyone to be as stupid and deeply in love as I am.

"Aurora what's wrong why do you look hurt" his voice full of concern. "Let the poor girl go" I hear Gianna exclaim."thank you sis" Kingston sarcastically replies. "You're welcome" she replies.

I get out of his grip. "Cause am hurt but of course you're clueless always have been" and I storm away. I'm feeling a little upset maybe coming wasn't the best idea. I look for Ella and Sarah. I find them playing beer pong. "Hey A let's play truth or dare we were just about to come looking for you" Sarah says looking too excited.

I just want to go home. I should've known I'd be reminded of how much of a bad girlfriend I was. I couldn't even get my boyfriend to only look at me. "Umm I don't know I want to go home" I didn't want to ruin their night but I just couldn't bear to be hear. "What!! So soon but we just got here literally 20 minutes ago"Ella literally shouts. and yet they're already tipsy. "Come on at least let's play truth or dare then you can go" Ella pouts and Batts her lashes. I mean I don't want to be here but at least for my friends I can stay plus I didn't even say goodbye to Gianna. "Fine but then we're all going" I wouldn't be a good friend if I left them drunk and alone. Everyone gathers around in circle on the floor. And they put a bottle in the middle.