Part 24

It was the evening of her sangeet and Naira was getting dressed in the guest bedroom in the Goenka Mansion when she got a call. She knew it was him. Her husband.

“Hey babe, remember yesterday I had challenged you about coming to your mehendi.” He asked.

“Yes. What about that ?!!” she asked while putting her dupatta in the right place.

“Well we had decided that you would give me a return gift if I complete the challenge.” He said.

“Yeah. I completely forgot about it. Tell me what do you want ?!!” she asked.

“I want you to sing a song for me. Tonight. At our sangeet.” He said.

“Umm…Ohkay, if that’s what you want.” She said.

“I will be waiting. Bye.” He said and ended the call.

———-

“Naira !! You are looking gorgeous. So pretty.” Ishana said as she entered the room.

Naira was dressed in Gold this time. Her skirt was shimmery and lunged out whereas her full sleeve blouse had sequins on it making her look very grand and at the same time, very simple and elegant.

Her hair had been done to reveal a side, with slight curls here and there. A pair of golden jhumkas for her ears and a simple necklace completed her look.

She nodded a thanks and started walking out with her. Just as she reached the top of the staircase to descend to the hall, Karthik joined her. He was wearing a navy blue and gold sherwani that absolutely matched her dress. They stood there a minute admiring each other.

“Do you guys have any plans to come down ?!! Your sangeet is taking place here.” Shivay teased them from downstairs.

They returned back to their senses and started coming down while all the guests laughed good naturedly. They reached downstairs and were seated on a royal red velvet sofa side by side. They looked like some prince and princess of a kingdom.

“Ladies and gentlemen !! I welcome you all to my beloved sister Naira and my lovely jeeju Karthik’s sangeet. Today there will be lots of music, dance and enjoyment. So without any further delay, let’s start the celebrations.” Anika concluded and stepped aside from the centre of the stage.

She went towards Ishana and Soumya and pulled them towards the centre of the hall and started their performance.

“Main daalun taal pe Bhangra,
Tu bhi gidda paa le,
Chal aisa rang jamaa de hum Ke bane sabhi matwaale.”

“Mann kahe ki main le aaun Chaand aur taare saare,
Inn haathon par main chaand rakhun,
Iss maang mein bhar doon taare.”

“Hello !! Hello !!
Tu floor pe kab hai aayi,
Ye lo, ye lo, badi solid masti chaayi,
Hello !! Hello !!!
Too much hai tumne lagayi,
Ye lo, ye lo, control karo mere bhai.”

“Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil,
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan,
Raat badi hai mastaani,
koi dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan.”

Soon Shivay, Om and Rudra joined their lady love and started dancing to the peppy beats. The girls and the boys killed it with their dancing moves and their sparkling chemistry. Karthik and Naira felt really happy looking at all of them.

“Ye nain matakka tera,
mujhe bada tadpaave,
Tu dekhe to ajj vi dilbar kudiye teer sa ek chal jaave,
Kar de bin piye sharabi,
Chehra tera gulaabi,
Koi kyun na yamla ban jaave jo itni ho betaabi.”

“Hello !! Hello !! d
Dil dil se connect karna,
Ye lo, ye lo,
Ye baatein direct karna.”

“Dhak-dhak dhak-dhak dhadke ye dil,
Chhan chhan bole Amritsari choodiyan,
Raat badi hai mastaani,
toh dilbar jaani kar le gallan goodiyan.”