Chapter 37

~Four Days Later~

(Kristina's POV)

It is Friday, the day of the concert in Cleveland, and everyone is healthy again. I am so happy about that, too. Man, that sucked! I puked a total of 22 times. Yes, I kept count. It was not fun. I was the first one healthy again, so I had to take care of my dad and uncles for a little while. It wasn't too bad, but I am not used to taking care of people that are actually full grown adults.

I am really excited about the show tonight, though. I have three Interent friends whom live in Ohio that I am planning on inviting to the show so I can meet them. Dad doesn't know about this yet, but he will be finding out shortly. He just woke up, so when he is a little more functioned, I'll ask. I can't wait to meet Cat, Mikayla, and Matt. They all mean a ton to me.

Anyways, we are all currently at the table eating lunch, though it is actually pancakes. My uncles and Daddy are talking some, but I'm not actually sure what they are saying sense I am formulating a plan on how I am going to ask Daddy.

I am going to walk up to him and be polite. I will mention how I don't have friends my age where we live, and that it would be nice to hang out with people my age once in a while. Hopefully that will make him feel guilty about depriving me from a normal childhood. When he asks how I will hang out with people, then I will ask if I can invite my Internet friends to the show tonight.

"Kristina? Kristina? Kristina!" Dad yells.

"Oh, sorry, what?" I ask.

"I asked you a question, and I was given no answer," Dad says.

"Sorry, I was...thinking," I answer. "What was the question?"

"I asked if you were done with your pancakes. You were just staring at them," he says, making Uncle Pete laugh. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine! Just thinking," I answer.

"About?" Dad asks. Crap.

"Uh...tonight," I answer.

"What about tonight?" Dad asks. He is not letting this go is he?

"The concert," I say.

"What about the concert?" Dad asks. Holy smokes, Dad!

"Well, I was kind of wanting to invite people," I say.

"I knew she was wanting something!" Uncle Joe exclaims.

"Yeah, I had a feeling," Uncle Andy laughs.

"Who are these people?" Dad asks.

"My Internet friends from Ohio," I answer. "I have three of them."

"What are there names?" Dad ask.

"Cat, Mikayla, and," I stop.

"And?" Dad asks, curious as to why I didn't say the other name.

"Matt," I say, under my breath.

"Did you say Matt? As in a boy?" Dad questions. I nod. "Nope, that is not happening."

"Yeah, you can't invite him," Uncle Pete says.

I quickly glare at Uncle Pete and then turn back to Daddy. "But, Daddy," I whine.

"What?" He asks, not really wanting to hear my excuse.

"I had Brandon come over when we were in Oklahoma and nothing bad happened then," I say.

"I was a boy once," Uncle Joe says.

"Oh, you're not a boy now?" Uncle Andy laughs.

"You know what I mean! I was once that age, and I had things on my mind other than a friendly conversation," Uncle Joe says.