Chap 3- A bitter truth

Kiew POV

"Hey Kiew I got a news, the new boy isn't the boyfriend of Chaya. He is just a friend of her as well as of Pete" Velma started talking as Kiew put down the bag.

She asked her "And what about his name? Do u got to know his name?". She answered "Um...no, but I'll as-" someone interrupted her. "My name is Tee". Kiew looked behind and found out that the new boy was talking. "Nice to meet you, can we be friends?"

"Oh yes!" Velma answered. He smirked and asked "Hey Kiew what about you?Will you be my friend?"

"uh..." Kiew looked at Velma, she was smiling and giving signals to say yes. Kiew looked at Tee, "yes i will be"

He was about to speak but Pete interrupted from the door "Hey Tee! Come let's play basket ball"

"okay then, I m going see you later" He waved and left. After few minutes a class fellow came and announced "Teacher is absent!" 

"Ah at last, lets go for a walk" Velma said. Kiew went with her. She started the conversation "By the way, you look worried and sad today. What's the matter?"

"Actually I couldn't sleep at night, because my mom is admitted at the hospital. And you know what? Yesterday i met my dad's friend. Luckily there is som- Ouch!" the ball hitted Kiew.

Velma went to pickup the ball and when Kiew saw who threw the ball, her mood went more off.

"Hey don't you have eyes!" Velma shouted.

Pete replied "Give me back my ball".

Velma looked at Kiew and asked, "You tell, he threw the ball towards you". She just gave a sigh, "Just give it back".

He got confused and said "did you forgot your mouth at home?". Kiew glanced at him and said "Mind your own business, lets go Velma". They headed back to class. 

Pete POV

"Okay guys, im heading towards home. Hey Tee im taking my ball back" he said while he packed his stuff and left the classroom. 

When he reached basketball area, he saw Kiew sitting, in a deep thought. He walked right in front of her. He looked back but she was still in her deep thoughts!

Ugh this girl!

He walk backwards but still no response. He threw the ball towards her. "HEY!" she shouted. "Give me back my ball" he ordered her.

She threw the ball back. "Is this how you throw a ball?!" He threw the ball back, "throw again!".

She threw again. "I challenge you to throw this ball into the basket, wait you don't even know how to throw a ball how can you make a target?" He started to tease her.

"The challenge is accepted!"

He gave her the ball. She took her position and threw the ball, but she missed. He burst out of laughter.

"Hey!"

"here let me teach you".

"you better do it!"

He came near, put her hand in the right position and was telling her how to throw a ball. He became quiet for a minute because his hand touched her hands but she didn't notice.

"um..tell what next?"

"uhh...yeah so now you....have to jump....then...throw it"

Chaya POV

"See Chaya, I was right, Pete is interested in her" Tee said.

She bursted into tears and left that place.

Pete POV

After a tiring match he reached home. He was about to reach stairs but he slipped because the maid was mopping the floor. "Oh Pete! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to! Please don't fire me!"

He looked at her and said "Don't worry, today im in happy mood!" He reached his room laid down on his comfy bed and looked at the basketball that was in his hand.

Kiew looks beautiful when she's close. And I TOUCHED her hand! OMYGOD did she knew that i was touching her hand so she acted as if nothing happened or she really didn't know that I was touching her hand?! ugh.

Kiew POV

"Mom! How are you doing?" She said as she entered the room.

"Hey honey you look so happy, what's the matter?"

"I look happy? Oh yeah! Today i got my results and it was good" she lied.

"Oh okay good. Honey I want to talk to you. Tomorrow im going to be discharged. Doctor said I need to rest. Your uncle said that when i will be resting no one will be there to take care of you, so he invited us to stay in their house until i become better"

"Okay mom, im going to home to pack our things. I am going to come back quickly"

NEXT DAY

Pete POV

He was playing in his garden when he heard car horn. He went to see who was there. He saw that dad coming out from the passenger seat. He open another door and showed his hand forward. A girl held his hand and came out of the car, then a girl or should I say Kiew came out.

Dad saw pete, "oh Pete! Good that you're here, she is my new wife her name is Sa and she is your step sister Kiew"

STEPSISTER?!