Chapter 12 part 1

(Third person view)

"Come on, we need to get going or else we'll be doing an overnight mission," Yukio told Rin who was tiredly trailing behind the younger of the two. It was six in the morning and even after six years of getting up early, he's still lazy at six in the morning. I mean... Who wouldn't be? Well, obviously not Yukio. 

The two made their way to a forest near True Cross. Since the forest was so near they had no reason to leave early other than the fact it was a high-class demon. They've been put on a squad of five, each staring in a sister. Rin had now been officially put on the paladin's team as they thought it was best. Or at least that's what Mephisto told the Grigori and they obliged seeing it was a good idea. 

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming," Rin grumbled tiredly, Yukio looked back shocked but soon gave a small peaceful smile. His brother was acting like how he once knew him but then again... He was just tired. The team made their way to the forest quietly and once they got there they found no demon. 

"I don't understand the Grigri said there was a high-class demon here." One of the exorcists said completely confused. "Have we got the location wrong or something?" Another exorcist asked. "No, we got it right, I checked," Yukio responded. "It's over there." Rin yawned and pointed to the left side and everyone's eyes widened. "You knew where it was the whole time and didn't-" Yukio didn't get to finish his sentence as the tentacled demon came out and began its attack. "SHIT!" An exorcist cursed as he quickly began to try and find its verse. Another exorcist pulling out a summon, Yukio pulling out his guns and Rin finally waking up and realizing what was going on. He pulled his sword out and unsheathed it.

 He got a new sword from the Grigori before he left. It was well crafted and extremely sturdy and powerful. But it was more powerful when Rin controlled his flames onto the blade. Rin could easily use the sword and use his flames at the same time and it was a pretty good attic. His flames could be used on both the defense and offense. 

As Rin had now fully woken up he was aware of what was going on meaning he was now concentrating on fighting as well as keeping an eye on Yukio. Rin kept switching his focus from the demon to Yukio but at this rate, he was highly considering the fact that the demon was much more dangerous than Yukio. The demon was four-legged and had three tails that were tentacle-like and sharp, could stab someone like a sword would. Ad I guess you could say that's what happened next.

(Rin pov)

We continued to fight the demon and I also kept my eye on Yukio but it was a difficult task with the power of the demon and having to dodge its tentacles. 

I watch Yukio as he fights and I forget that I was open. I look back to see a tentacle heading straight for me at lightning speed. My eyes widen without enough time to react. I put my arms up to shield my face and my eyes clenched closed. 

Nothing came...

I slowly lower my arms and open my eyes...

He was smiling...

I just had to leave this on a cliffhanger, Period.