Two

Senior Year
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Maddie's POV
Ding dong! "Maddie! Get up! Lucas is here!" My mom yells up the stairs. Ugh, it's the first day of school. Oh well, at least it's my last year at high school. I walk down the stairs while rubbing my eyes. "Hey sleepyhead," Lucas smiles. "You're still in your pajamas! Go back up and get change!" My mom said pushing me back up the stairs. "Alright, alright!" I say while laughing.
I hurry up to my room and throw on a red flannel, skinny jeans, and black combat boots. I quickly brush my hair and spray on some perfume. As I walk out of my room, I also grab my necklace that I got from Lucas on my 13th birthday.
"Ready!" I call out, running down the stairs. "Good! Now eat some cereal and toast! You too Lucas!" My mom tells us. "Actually I-" Before he could finish, my mom was already pushing him towards the table. "Now eat!" "Yes ma'am," I salute to her and sit down. I look across the table and gave Lucas a smirk. He chuckles and rolls his eyes.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Thank you Mrs. Core," Lucas said, while we headed towards the door. "Anytime. Now hurry before you two are late for your first day of school!" "Okay mom, love you," I waved. "Love you too honey."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"I like your necklace," Lucas says while driving. I smile, "I like your bracelet." When we walk into school, we stop by our lockers to get our stuff. It's nice, because mine and Lucas's lockers were next to each others. After that, we went to our home room, and sat down. "Good morning class! Are you guys glad to be back at school?" Mr. Donovan asked the class. We all groan in response his question. "Then I guess we are on the same page then!" I liked Mr. Donovan, he was a cool teacher and actually cared about what we had to say.

"Anyways, here are your schedules," he says while passing them out. I read through the paper to see that history was my first period. "Hey Lucas," I lean over. "What's your first period?" "History." I grin.

Lucas' POV
I smile back at her, finding myself to be looking at her mouth. Maddie's smile was beautiful. Wait, what? The bell rings. Maddie was already out the door so I had to run to catch up with her. Once I caught up to her, I hold her hand out of nowhere and smile. She jumps a bit and looks down at our hands. She doesn't let go. Instead. She looks back up at me and smiles. God, that smile is so beautiful.

Stop it! Snap out of it Lucas!

"Um, Lucas? Why are you holding my hand?" She asked me. "Well, it's the first day of our senior year, and I want to make sure no one hurts you," and before we knew it, we were at our history class. As we walk in, Lindsay comes up to me. And for those who don't know who she is, she's the most popular and prettiest girl at our school. Except, I don't think she's that beautiful, Maddie is. OKAY LUCAS STOP. I was yelling at myself, in my own thoughts. And with that, I let go of Maddie's hand as Lindsay came by.

"Hi Lucas," she smiles while twirling a piece of her hair with her finger.

A/n:
I put a picture of what Maddie's necklace and Lucas' bracelet look like! Just in case you guys wanted to know. :)