2 prologue: Sasuke

A few months after the kyuubi attack

Uchiha Mikoto was in labor. She had gotten pregnant a few months after Kushina and was due to give birth soon. What neither she nor her husband expected was twins. Itachi curiously stood with his ear to the door waiting for any news of his younger sibling. The door creaked open and the 6 year old itachi walked into his parents room at the hospital "kaasan is it a boy or a girl?"
"both Itachi, I have twins." At that moment the entire family was happy, though not all for the right reasons. Itachi was a prodigy so this was what Fugaku expected of Sasuke.

Sasuke age 3

He panted, Sasuke didn't know much but he knew that other kids his age weren't training. He knew that they were playing with their family not trying to perform jutsus ment for those a decade older than him but Sasuke knew Itachi was training so he trained. All Sasuke ever heard was "...the next Uchiha prodigy..." "...I hope he does as well as itachi..." "...Wasn't Itachi..." "...he was ...chunin..." "...In a few years...". Sasuke was sick of it, the expectation of him being way above average. The expectation that he would make his clan glorious. That was all he ever heard.

Sasuke age 5

It had been two years, Sasuke was at the age when Itachi became a genin. But he wasn't a genin. His taijutsu wasn't good enough, his shuriken jutsu barely passable, his ninjutsu acceptable, his genjutsu... a disappointment for an Uchiha. He was just under the level of genin while his brother was above the level of genin. He was in class with those multiple years older than him, performing jutsu ment for those multiple years older than him. He was here because his older brother could do it so he had to, right?

Sasuke age 6

The answer was no. He was told over and over and over that Kakashi was a chunin by his age. That Itachi was an above average genin. Sasuke was a prodigy but just not as good as those before him. But the last straw was his sister. She had no such requirements. She was expected to be a good shinobi, not a prodigy, not a show stopping shinobi, just above average. She just started her training and was considered better than Sasuke for learning in a shorter time-frame than him. The last straw was when he was disowned. No one had expected it but no one had opposed it. The night of the fox festival he was disowned and kicked out of the Uchiha compound. No one cared, no one looked for him. It was just Sasuke out surviving and training off the forest that surrounded the town. His brother was the heir to the clan so nothing changed. The Uchiha clan simply "got rid of an embarrassment" as the villagers put it. The only thing was that his sister didn't face anything the same way as him.

Sasuke ran out into the night towards the cave he always found refuge in, a cave where his family was, screw his super pretentious ex-clan.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto

Word count: 527

comment, vote, share