10. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, PT. 1

EJ

It's been a week since we found TJ.

That was easier than I thought.

I never would have guessed we'd find him through Tomas.

All that praying we've done over the years finally paid off.

Me and Ryan didn't tell Kyle anything nor did we share the details with Kelly and definitely not Mom and Dad.

Mom and Dad's anniversary party is tonight.

Ryan is livid.

He doesn't want this night to happen, but I convinced him to just let fate take care of everything.

I don't know why I convinced him of anything, despite how I feel about Dad and his antics these past few years.

I guess I just wanted to see Mom happy.

She works hard to keep this family afloat.

She deserves one day of happiness.

I really had to convince Ryan to hold off on destroying Dad until later and that wasn't easy at all.

Y'all know my brother is hot headed as they come.

Everybody we know and love will be in attendance.

Their anniversary party is being held at the Sheridan Hotel downtown in the ball room.

Me, Ryan, and Kelly just left from decorating the ballroom.

Grandma Lucy (my Dad's Mom) and my Uncle Spencer's girlfriend Rita (who's also Kelly's best friend Peyton's mom) took care of the deserts are on there way over to the Sheridan to set up the desert table.

Mom and Dad hired a caterer to do the food.

This may be the last night before everything goes to hell so we better make it a good night because Ryan is going to have his way y'all and nothing and nobody is going to get in his way.

Me and Ryan are in my room getting ready.

I don't know why he's in my room getting ready.

He has his own damn room.

I don't mind though.

I love my brother.

RYAN: I'M GLAD WE WENT SHOPPING THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE SHIT IN MY CLOSET TO WEAR TO THIS BULLSHIT.

EJ: I'M GLAD WE DID, EVEN THOUGH I HAD OPTIONS.

RYAN: DID YOU INVITE TOMAS?

EJ: YEAH. HE SAYS HE'S COMING.

RYAN: YOU REALLY LIKE HIM DON'T YOU?