one

"this must be a dream

just like from my memory"

Kim Minji -

"Minnie! You're late!" yells Mom from downstairs, I immediately get up, looking at my alarm clock and realise that I'm late for school, again. "Shit," I hissed, shoving the warm duvet off of me and legging it for the bathroom. I barely get changed, running downstairs with my toothbrush still to hand and my hair a mess. "Kim Minji," mom utters, "what did I tell you about staying up late." I roll my eyes, wiping my mouth. Here she goes again.

"I wasn't up late, I um, I just, uhh," I mutter, admitting defeat.

"You what?"

"I was reading a book," I lie, breaking eye contact with her. She glares back at me, damn, she knows I'm lying. "Just hurry and eat your food, if I catch you watching that anime shit at 3 a.m again, I'm taking your phone."

"But mom!" I groan, taking a bite of the burnt toast.

"No, buts, now hurry and take the garbage out before you leave," she yells.

Ugh, why am I doing all the chores in this household? It's Doyoung's day to take the trash out, why am I doing it? I'm already late as is!

I rush out with the bin bag in my hand, holding it as far away as humanely possible from my face and shove it in the trash can outside. From a distance, I can see a moving van a few houses down; it's about time that new family moved in. I'm sick and tired of seeing the obnoxiously large sold sign block my view.

I watch as the small family pick up boxes after boxes, completely forgetting about the time. "Minnie!" my mom screams from inside, "hurry up!"

Fuck! I quickly go back in to wash my hands and dash for the bus stop. As I pass the new house, I notice a guy around my age. I barely get to see his face as the bus is already at the stop. I push my legs further, the sweat already dripping from my forehead and just about make it. 

I arrive at school, just a few minutes before the bell goes, pushing the door to my classroom open. In the far back, my best friend, Jieun, sits with a small bag in her hand. I awkwardly walk past everyone, sitting next to her. "Will, you ever get here early? Or is early something you don't do?" she complains.

"It's not my fault," I grumble, "Doyoung didn't take out the trash, so I had to do it!"

"Doyoung?" she asks with a small grin on her face, her cheeks turning a pinkish colour.

"Don't," I reply, covering her mouth and taking the brown paper bag out of her hands. She always got me breakfast, burnt toast, believe it or not, just doesn't cut it. I still to this day don't understand where her love for my older brother came from, or where anyone's love came for him. Every corner I take, there's a bunch of girls passing me love letters or gifts to send to him and Jungwoo. I thought Jieun was the only sane girl in this high school, but boy was I wrong.

After seeing him walk around shirtless at home, she hasn't stopped talking about him. What's worse is the way he shamelessly flirts with her in front of me! He knows damn well that he can get with any girl in this high school and chooses my best friend to flirt with! It's a good thing Jungwoo already has a girlfriend, or he'd be doing the same. You'd think for twins; they'd have a bit of brain between the two.

School passes by like a breeze, that was except for Jieun commenting on my brothers, again. "So, does Doyoung have a girlfriend now? I heard he's dating someone, is she prettier than me? Jungwoo has a girlfriend too, right? They both have girlfriends?!" she frantically questions, latching onto my arms. I glare back at her,