Chapter 12

Kirstie stood there, mouth agape, staring at two of her best friends who were naked and laying next to each other in bed. They had jumped apart when they finally heard her entering the room. And by the looks of the two pitched tents in the blankets over their hips, she had interrupted something very intimate. All three of their faces were glowing with the same magnificent shade of red. Scott slowly slid down, covering more of his body with the blanket. Mitch was the only one in the room capable of forming words, even if it was just a few. "Kirstie, we can explain..." Mitch moved his hands to cover his excitement and try to make Kirstie feel a little less awkward. Scott saw him and did the same. Kirstie snapped out of her funk and finally spoke.

"Don't even think about labeling this as a drunk hookup, 'cause you bitches are totally sober right now." Scott and Mitch looked at each other and practically had an entire discussion with only their eyes. Mitch looked back and forth from Scott to Kirstie. He raised an eyebrow at Scott who faintly shook his head. "Look," Kirstie said, grabbing the guys' attention, "there's obviously some things you two need to work out, and I need to work on how to un-see this, so I'm just gonna go. Kevin made breakfast for all of us. It's in the kitchen if you want some." With that she turned on her heels and left the room. Once the door was closed she couldn't help but grin. Although she was slightly mentally scarred, she was also really excited that something finally happened between Mitch and Scott. She just hoped she didn't ruin it by walking in on them.

Scott laid down completely and covered his face with his hands. "Well that was awkward." He removed his hands and looked up at Mitch, who looked like he was about to cry. Scott sat up immediately. "Mitchy? What's wrong?"

" You didn't want anyone to know yet. You weren't ready to tell them. But now Kirstie knows and I'm just worried that you're gonna change your mind."

Scott was confused. "...About what?"

"Us. Being a couple."

"Mitch, why would I ever do that? I love you."

"I love you too. But I've loved you for so fucking long and this has been so perfect that now I'm paranoid about even the tiniest little thing messing it all up." Scott pulled his boyfriend into his arms and kissed the top of his head.

"You know what? Let's tell them. Right now. We'll go downstairs, sit with everyone for breakfast, and just tell them." Mitch shot up out of Scott's embrace and glanced quizzically at him. "What? We shouldn't have to hide it anyway. I was just being as stupid and paranoid as you are. If they don't accept that we're in love then that's just too damn bad. But I've seriously thought about it and I think you're right and they'll be cool with it. Besides, I think we owe Kirstie an explanation." Scott smiled down at Mitch. Mitch crashed their lips together and hugged him as hard as he could. "Mitch, I need air."

"Sorry." Mitch released him and looked lovingly into his eyes. "I guess we should get dressed then."

"Yeah. We don't need to mentally scar anyone else today."

AN: Hey lovelies! I realize this is a short chapter, but it just felt right to end it here. Also, I have a question for all of you. I've been working on another PTX story with the same pairings, and it's written in the point of view of the different members rather than third person like this story. So I was wondering if y'all would like me to publish that one too, or should I wait and start publishing once I'm done with this story (whenever that may be, which won't be anytime soon)? I'd still be updating this story if I publish the other one. But comment and let me know what you prefer. Thanks once again for reading!