Chapter 2 - The New World

(15 years after the bombs fell)

The world was silent. The only things that could be heard were the silent moans left from empty buildings. In the city, nature had taken over. Grass, trees, vines. It's taken over the once concrete cities. The world had been over grown.

 The world had been over grown

Birds were flying threw the city

Birds were flying threw the city. Feasting off anything they could find. After the first bombs fell. A war had began. Everyone against each other and after a year of fighting with nuclear weapons. They all ended up killing each other. From either their weapons. Or causes from the nukes. The bombs they had used were no ordinary nuclear bombs, they had been bioengineered to kill. But not tested fully. They had worked as intended. But some problems came with it. The radiation from the explosion had infected anyone who had not fully died from the explosion itself. Anyone near or who didn't have protection to it had... changed. They became vicious and hungry. People became mutated and started attacking anyone who wasn't mutated. Ripping them apart. Feasting off them as if they had never ate. But that was the least of it. Over time creatures were mutating. Animals would change. Bats, lizards, dogs, etc... They all changed and did the same thing. Except the animals didn't like the sun. They only seemed to come out at night. And hid in dark places till then.

In the city there had been only mutated roaming the streets. They roamed in packs. Filling the streets with their horrors. The city was a danger zone to any, but with big chances come big reward. Sense the city was infested with them. It means no one really came to the city. Meaning that supplies were still untouched. Many have tried to get supplies. And some have. From the outskirts of the city. The middle of the city how ever is untouchable to the living sense it would be for sure death. But that doesn't mean people wouldn't try.

In the city, in a abandoned building was someone in search of food. Starving of lack of it was a painful death. And sense it was getting to that point. There had to be something to find. The figure was looking out a broken glassed window. Starring down from the second floor at a couple of mutated.

???: "There has to be a safer way to one of those buildings." Talking to there self, a group that size could still over power someone.