Chapter eight

Kaitlyns POV

"Now I'm covered in sauce." I say as Jonah laughs.

"Let's go get cleaned up." He says as we walk back into the kitchen.

He handed me a rag and I wiped off all the sauce. He wiped the sauce off his face and then turned to look at me. I see there is still sauce on his cheek bone.

"You missed a spot!" I say as I laugh.

I grab a towel and wipe the sauce off his cheek. I feel myself get distracted as I stare into his green eyes. His eyes were so pretty and his face was so good looking. I realize I am staring and I quickly clear my throat and look away from him.

"We better get the pizza in the oven before I die of starvation." I say jokingly.

Jonah puts cheese and pepperoni on the pizza and then puts it into the oven.

"I've had fun today." Jonah says as he looks at me.

"Me too." I say as I look at him.

"Lexi is gonna be so surprised when you ask her." I say causing his face to fall.

"Oh yeah Lexi." He mumbles.

I'm confused why he seemed upset when I brought up Lexi but I didn't want to ask him about it.

"What do you wanna do while we wait?" He asks me.

I wanted to say I wanted to kiss him but I know he doesn't like me.

"I don't care." I reply to him.

"We can watch a movie while we wait. Follow me." He says.

I follow him upstairs.

"Where's your family?" I ask him.

"Work and friends houses." He says back.

"We have the whole house to ourselves." He says as he looks back at me. I feel my face get hot as I look away from him.

"I have Netflix in my room." He says as he leads me to his room.

Jonah was taking me to his room! I felt so nervous for some reason. The second we stepped inside his room it smelled like him. It smelled so good. Stop kaitlyn, he's in love with your best friend!

He sat down on his bed as I looked around. His room was very clean. He had pictures of him and his family.

"Nice room." I say as I turn to look at him. He had been staring at me.

He patted the spot on the bed next to him. I felt nervous as I sat down right next to him. I made sure I wasn't too close to him. His eyes were fixated on the tv as he clicked Netflix.

"What should we watch?" He asks me.

"I don't care as long as it is not scary. I hate scary movies." I say causing him to look at me with wide eyes.

"I hate scary movies too." He says with a smile.

"Really? I thought I was the only one." I say in shock.

"Nope. I hate being scared. I like romance movies a lot more." He says to me.

"I like you more now that I know that." I say jokingly.

He winks at me causing me to look away so he can't see how red my face got. What is this boy doing to me?

______________________________
I want Jonah to wink at me 😂