Chapter sixteen

Kaitlyns POV

"Sorry." Jonah mumbled as he got out of the fountain.

He picked up his shirt but didn't put it on. We walked back to the cafe. I was soaking wet and I was dripping water onto the ground as we walked back.

"We can't get into your car like this." I mumble as I look down at my wet clothes.

"I guess we will have to wait till we dry off." Jonah says playfully as he grabs my hand.

He leads me away from the cafe causing me to laugh.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"You will see." He says as he smiles at me.

I sigh as I hold onto his hand as he leads me to a mystery place. He leads me back to school and leads me to the football field.

"What are we doing here?" I ask him softly.

"Perfect place to look at the stars." He says softly.

He lays down on the field and stares up at the sky.

"Lay next to me." He says as he pats the space next to him.

I sigh as I lay down next to him. It was hot out but my wet clothes cooled down my body. I looked up at all the stars in amazement.

"I have never really taken the time to look at the stars." I say softly as I turn my head to face Jonah.

He was already staring at me. Our faces were inches apart as we laid on the ground.

"Staring at the stars always calms me down and makes me feel safe." He replies softly.

I quickly turn my head away from him and look back at the stars. I still feel his eyes on me.

"The stars are up there." I say playfully as I point up.

"There's something far more beautiful down here." He says softly causing my face to get hot.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I turn my head to face him. I meet his eyes as he glances down at my lips.

"You guys aren't allowed to be here!" A voice yells causing me and Jonah to both sit up.

My eyes land on a older man who looked angry.

"Sorry we were just leaving." Jonah reply's as he grabs my hand and stands up.

We both laugh as he leads me back to his car.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." I say softly.

"Me too. I hope we can do this again sometime." He says softly.

He opens the car door for me and I get inside. I was still wet but Jonah didn't seem to care. He drove me home as we jammed to random songs on the radio. I was really falling for him and I couldn't stop myself.

"I'll see you soon." Jonah said as I got out of his car.

"Oh! Text me what color prom dress you get!" Jonah yelled.

I nod as I was a little confused.

"Thanks for the ride. Bye!" I yelled as I walked inside my house.

He waited for me to get inside and then he drove away. I sighed as I walked to my room. That was the best night of my life.

The next day

"Ooo! This one would look so cute on you!" Lexi yelled as she held a blue dress up to me.

"I'll try it on." I say as I grab it from her.