Chapter Fourteen

✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CO-CAPTAIN
✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩

MIA CHEERED ALONG WITH THE CROWD. Beacon Hills has won the semi finals, which meant that the team would be going to the state championships. She looked around the crowded stands for a possible pathway so she could congratulate both her best friend and her date, but it seemed to be futile.

"Dad, I'm going to find Scott," Mia said in a loud voice. "Let me know if Stiles calls you."

With that, the brunette walked away from her father and into the crowd in search of a familiar face. She pushed past the families and friends of the lacrosse team, only to bump into the back of a stranger.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry," Mia apologized as the woman she bumped into turned around. She recognized the woman from before when she had waved to Allison.

"It's alright," the dirty blonde woman replied in a kind voice. "You're my niece's friend Mia, right?"

"Who's your niece?" Mia asked, feigning naivety to who she was. If this woman was related to Allison, that meant she was a hunter and could be a danger to Scott.

"Allison," the woman replied. "I'm Kate."

"Nice to meet you," Mia said with a small smile as she turned to walk away. "I've got to go find my brother."

The Argent woman wrapped her hand around the brunette's wrist and pulled her back, not allowing the girl to leave.

"I noticed that your head hurt earlier, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Mia rubbed the back of her neck. "I just had a bad headache, that's all."

She tried to leave the woman, only to be pulled back yet again.

"I'm fine."

Mia's whole body tensed as the woman's grip tightened on her wrist. Her heart was pounding against her rib cage as the hunter looked into her eyes.

"It seemed like it really hurt," Kate said as she moved her gaze up and down the brunette's figure.

Mia had no idea where her brother or her best friend were and the same went for her father. She could feel her heart beating faster as she thought about what the woman could do to her.