thirteen

13

Her head was spinning, her thoughts and mind trying hard not to cave in on itself. She didn't understand when Ana had betrayed her, or if Torrance had just done it subconsciously, but there were still pieces missing. 

There were hundreds of little bits of her memory still fighting to the surface and she was certain, somewhere in that lost timeline, Ana had gone behind her back, selling her soul to the very organization that tore her apart from the inside out.

The Hydra agents that had come for her had handcuffs around her wrists, along with thick black gloves that were so tough it was difficult to move her fingers. She was thankful that the agents left Natasha where she was, hopefully thinking the other woman was dead. She could get help, warn the others.

Bucky wasn't as lucky.

It was easy to take him back, speaking hushed words for only him to hear. He was under their command within five minutes and Torrance feared she would be next. How would she be able to get through this now that Ana wasn't on her side? Would she be able to take back control if they cracked her head open again?

The agents jostled Torrance to her feet, half dragging her towards their ship that waited. She had a hard time believing what they could truly do without Zola. Who would be controlling them now? Who would be their commander? Their new leader?

She didn't get another thought in before something hard and heavy came in contact with the base of her skull.

~

"Please stop!"

Screaming.

"I can't take this anymore!"

Her hands in tight fists from the pain.

"Please!"

Can they not hear her? Can they not see what they're doing?

"Zola, please, for the love of god, stop this!"

Gun shots rang through her ears like a haunted echo. The blood she saw was warm and sticky and surprisingly very inviting. All of it, was calling out to her. Torrance, Ana, all of it singing an enchanting toon so dark it seeped into her pores. 

"I can't do it-I can't kill them for you!"

"You'll do it. You can't stop the urge, the feelings in your gut and head. Give in and it won't tear you apart."

Blurred vision. Heartbeat pulsing in her throat and ears. 

"Let me go!"

Torrance woke strapped to a chair similar to ones you'd see in a dentist's office. The room was empty, save for the medical equipment and the chair she was struggling against. The lights were white and blinding, reminding her of an operation room and all that it was missing was the open gallery for those to watch and applaud and congratulate. 

Her ankles were strapped to the bottom of the chair, her wrists also bound to the arm rests. There was a large strap holding down her middle, keeping her locked in tight to the chair. She was surprised to find herself barefoot and wearing black joggers and a sports bra. She understood why she wore no shirt, it was easier to inject and cut her with it all out in the open.

She hadn't even noticed the man who stood behind her and she could barely crane her neck to see. Her head was taped down to the head of the chair by a large strap. When the man came around to look her in the eyes, it was one she didn't recognize.