CHAPTER ONE- A NEW TREATMENT- 18TH AUGUST 2017

Replacing the cream, dingy hospital walls with a pink geometric wallpaper, replacing the plain white covers with a silky teddy bedding and decorating the room by filling it with random decorations. A cactus. The elephant teddy my mum gave me when I was born. And all the matching pajamas i have with Molly-making me feel more at home, since I'm going to be here a while.

Yes, after being in the hospital for a full month and time dragging by, it was only a week now until the day where I can open up the doors and see what freedom looks like. It would be a lie if i didn't tell you i've been staring at the clock half the time i've been here. Having three hours left of lying in this hospital bed, me and Molly began to plan every single thing we were going to do when we leave. For example, going to all the new waterparks near my house, having ice cream covered over our faces whilst on the top of a ferris wheel and i know i can't do them things as soon as i get out of hospital because as the nurses, doctors and my family constantly repeat to me "You need to rest". However, this is why I love to have Molly around because she sees things in a different light and sees everything in a positive way, even when I tell her negatives such as what we had missed out on in the past month. She didn't care; she told me how we can do so much more.

Molly has been there for me so much this past month like my other friends, Olivia and Jack will always show up everyday at 8am when the visiting hours open until they close at 7pm, we could laugh, smile and sometimes even cry together. You wonder what we might be crying over, in three hours that's when I have a new treatment which may seem like a good thing however, the nurses told me how there is a 50% chance it will work.

My mind began to scramble and overthink.
I can't leave Molly. What about my parents? This cannot be the end, i have so many places i want to see. I didn't even get to see the sights in New York. And that's when I saw him again...