Chapter 7

After a long night of driving around and calling around trying to find Pimwalee, Jumpol found out that a man had come to collect her from the boarding school a few weeks after she had started attending the school.

Yelling and screaming at them for letting her leave was futile. Pimwalee had chosen to go with the man, she had claimed it was her long lost father.

Jumpol knew she was orphan, who was the old man who had taken her and to where? He prayed that she wasn't trafficked.

He felt that every step the world was conspiring against with him not wanting to end up with Gun.

How was he going to tell Gun that he had lost his only sibling.

He had instructed the driver to take them to the hospital to try and talk with Gun only to be told that he was already discharged.

They got to the Inn only to be told noone was answering the door at their bungalow. After bribing the busboy to open the door, it was clear that Gun and his wife were gone. He searched high and low in the room and couldn't find any sign that they had been there.

Exhausted and defeated Jumpol had finally agreed to go home and sleep at almost 4am.

Kongpob had to threaten Jumpol that he would knock him out if he didn't at least grab at least 4 hours of sleep.

Barely 2 hours of sleep, he was woken with loud banging on his dooor. He staggered to his door half asleep to see his mother standing at the door. He tried to slam the door in her face but she shoved it open.

"I get that you are mad at me right now but I need your help." Jumpol ignored his mom as he went back into bed. She grabbed his blankets off him.

"Jumpol!! We are in trouble right now!!"

"Good. Make sure you confess everything to the police."

"What? No it's not the police. It's worse!"

He turned to look at her and sat upright leaning on the headboard. Before she could speak, a loud horn was heard.

He jumped out of bed and looked out his window and saw a row of bulldozers in the courtyard.

"What's going on Mom?"

"I'm drowning in debts. I have been selling bits and pieces of the estate to keep the debtors away but lately its been hard to pay everything."

"What? Why didnt you say anything?"

"I was ashamed, your father was a degenerate gambler who left a mountain of debts and maintaing the upkeep of this place hasn't been cheap, not to mention taxes on this place.

I had asked them to wait till after the wedding. I was hoping that you could get your wife to help."

"Is that the reason you pushed and pushed for my marriage to Mild because her father is the president of World Alliance bank? I told you I wasn't ready to get married and the next thing I I know I was engaged.
God, your manipulation never ends!!"

"I was doing it for you!! I didn't want you to lose your father's inheritance. You can be angry at me another time but right now, you need to get them off the property. The bridal party will be getting here in a few hours. They can not know about this. I will not be humiliated like that!!"

"Mom, the wedding is off. I'm not marrying her. That reminds me I should go see her soon before they come here. She deserves to know the truth."

"You can't seriously be leaving her for that man. He isn't Gun!! How many times do we have to tell you to believe that!!"

"I know its him. Even if I'm proven wrong I don't care. I have to correct all the wrongs you all did. I'm going to resume looking for him."